Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Current Snow Depth

CT Rain

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i'll be interest to see how much is lost tomorrow...I bet not much at all since all the compacting is basically done...it can't really compact any more. It might halt at 16-18".

Prob about 19-20" out there this morning (it was like 22-23 last night when I left...pack numbers are similar to those spots in N ORH county...maybe an inch or two less). But its going to be a total brick after FROPA.

When the real cold gets here, we'll be able to stand on it.

Like you said..you guys won't lose much with such high water content and compacted snow outside of total sunny spots.  Even the snow I have is doing well...cold ground certainly helps too.

Like you said..you guys won't lose much with such high water content and compacted snow outside of total sunny spots.  Even the snow I have is doing well...cold ground certainly helps too.

I think your area will escape with a pretty good pack. There was still like a foot of mashed potatoes here in Boston when I was outside at lunch a couple hours ago. I'm sure the south facing slopes along busy streets and such will have some bare spots in BOS, but the regular areas like Boston Common and here at Copley Square will keep it. I don't think tomorrow will be enough...and today is looking pretty shot for much of a warm sector....maybe really briefly if it happens.

How much you have...is it like Boston? I know there's kind of a dividing line not too far south and southeast...you can see on the map I posted.

I think your area will escape with a pretty good pack. There was still like a foot of mashed potatoes here in Boston when I was outside at lunch a couple hours ago. I'm sure the south facing slopes along busy streets and such will have some bare spots in BOS, but the regular areas like Boston Common and here at Copley Square will keep it. I don't think tomorrow will be enough...and today is looking pretty shot for much of a warm sector....maybe really briefly if it happens.

How much you have...is it like Boston? I know there's kind of a dividing line not too far south and southeast...you can see on the map I posted.

My depth is similar if not higher to what I saw in boston

I am right on the line. I think I may have close or a hair less than BOS because they had 4" of mash potatoes in that storm while I was raining. I did have more from the other storm last week..but I noticed even Milton had a few inches more OTG than here and that it like 5 miles as the crow flies. Definitely rare to see such a sharp rain/snow line but my longitude hurt a bit there. Once in a while that will happen. The problem is that I have a lot of exposure to the sun so locally I will have patches I think. It's one of those things where in the woods they'll be snow and also shaded areas, but half the yard is bare..lol. I also noticed the S-shore down by Hanover and Marshfield have just as much snow as I have. That is a heavily wooded area and they do a lot better than many think for snowpack preservation. I was there two days ago and was actually surprised how much was left. They still have snow OTG from January. I did notice my elevation in a few events this year helped. I know it's only 120'...but that surprise snow in January that gave NE MA that 4-5" of snow was where I saw a difference. Sea level is right down the street and there wasn't much OTG, but once I drove up the incline to my house..you could see it stuck to the trees much more easier and I ended up with over an inch IIRC. 33.0F vs 32.4F can mean quite a bit.

Big dividing line is about the Bridgewater's in the RT 24 corridor. Raynham on the TAN line is on life support for snow, probably showing grass by now. Using that as an example because I have been going there multiple times per week for a bit. Here in Randolph we are 12-15"+ OTG  and way bigger/more piles.

I dont want to count chickens before they hatch but I'm amazed at the lack of torch here today for me, BostonWX and CoastalWX's general area. I think its pretty rare to see the furnace get to a GHG-TAN line and not keep on trucking right to BOS or so.

Lightning as I type this... Its gotta be ways away but brilliant flash

Big dividing line is about the Bridgewater's in the RT 24 corridor. Raynham on the TAN line is on life support for snow, probably showing grass by now. Using that as an example because I have been going there multiple times per week for a bit. Here in Randolph we are 12-15"+ OTG  and way bigger/more piles.

I dont want to count chickens before they hatch but I'm amazed at the lack of torch here today for me, BostonWX and CoastalWX's general area. I think its pretty rare to see the furnace get to a GHG-TAN line and not keep on trucking right to BOS or so.

Lightning as I type this... Its gotta be ways away but brilliant flash

As usual it did briefly catch us... But we're in the zone that gets torched for far fewer hours than the true south shore. Quincy/Braintree/Randolph/Milton area to about Jamaica Plain to Logan is a transition climo zone between coast and interior for these torch CFs usually. Still easily 12 inches here as well. Hingham looked like it had no more than 8 or 9 inches and this was before the torch hit the area (6 pm)

I feel like tomorrow is going to hurt more than we think. MAV has 58F at TAN and OWD tomorrow with full sun. Yeah dews are low, but combined with the wind we'll have a higher evap/sublimation rate. Hopefully it's just 2-3 inches lost.

sublimation? It's a glacier here, can't see much of that, melt from sun yea

I feel like tomorrow is going to hurt more than we think. MAV has 58F at TAN and OWD tomorrow with full sun. Yeah dews are low, but combined with the wind we'll have a higher evap/sublimation rate. Hopefully it's just 2-3 inches lost.

Today's going to be a melting disaster.  Torch, full-sun with a decent sun-angle.  Just a disaster.  I bet they'll be tapping trees today.  The location of the tap holes provides a great record of what snow-depth has been over the years in late February.  There are some at some incredible heights and a few at some pretty meh ones.  I'm going to rank this as a relatively 'meh' height.

I just realized that daylight savings time begins in three weeks.

28.9/28

Ski-reports in NNE tell the story:

Wildcat:

Today is looking - dare I say it - to be Spring-like. The high is going to be mid-forties and the sun should be out more than not so the last wild card here is the wind which might pick up as the day goes on but should start out somewhat gentle

Attitash:

Today's forecast calls for highs in the low 40s with mostly sunny skies and light winds. Surface conditions will be spring-like and variable due to the latest batch of weather. A firm morning should soften up to spring conditions once the warm and sun hits the slopes. We're looking at another warm day tomorrow so wrap up vacation week in style

Stowe: (lol at the spin on the temps):

With those seasonably comfortable temperatures, along with ample sunshine, it is looking like an excellent Saturday to be outside skiing & riding here at Stowe - See more at: http://www.stowe.com/ski-ride/#sthash.CQPDDPb0.dpuf

Sunday River:

Remember how we promised you sunny skies today? Well, thankfully, the weather didn't make liars of us. We see some goggle tans in our (your) very near futures.....we've got 135 trails open or scheduled to be open (some of our natural terrain is just awaiting the OK), so you'll have plenty of ways to kill time out there, waiting for those tan lines to set in.

46-47 here..Not sure what you mean.

And yes of course wash both vehicles today..But that's not any different than any other weekend

I don't know, Kevin.  Looking at the mesomap, I see this:

Leela  Way--38*

Pinebrook-37*

Birch Hill--34*

Wheelock--39*

It's 8:00a.m.---much time for warming.  Drip, drip, drip.

Get out the Simonize.

I don't know, Kevin.  Looking at the mesomap, I see this:

Leela  Way--38*

Pinebrook-37*

Birch Hill--34*

Wheelock--39*

It's 8:00a.m.---much time for warming.  Drip, drip, drip.

Get out the Simonize.

What do those temps have to do with this afternoon? At 1,000 feet I hope you know..you don't downslope. The valley will hit 53-56..The hills will stay in the upper 40's..who cares..it's a mild day..get outside and do something

Today's a killer for all.  50's for you, 60 for them, mid- 40's here (I'm guessing 47).  Just a disaster all around. 

May as well wash your truck.

i dont think it takes that much of a beating, we hit 48 with full sun 2 days ago down here and i only lost 2 inches.   yesterdays rain did more damage compacting wise and lost 3.    still a solid 13-15 inches of ice in north jersey,  doubt i lose more than 3 today

Archived