Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Current Snow Depth

CT Rain

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Im amazed at the Gradient in your part of the world, Baroclinic Zone pretty much has nothing and you are full coverage in the NW of town. Real nice gradient headed up Rt 24, happy to be on the right side of it for once.

Yeah it really is pretty cool too see. My parents were over in east taunton towards lakeville yesterday, and they said there was not much. My backyard stil has over 6 inches in some spots.

There has been some pretty cool gradients over taunton this winter. The 1/3 storm I think it was I was snowing at like 10-12 degrees and across town over to bob was still around 30. The coastal front was splitting the city essentially.

I think what saved this side of town this time was the 3 inches of mashed potatoes we got during the valentines day storm, while over towards bob had mostly rain and non accumulating snow.

As advertised there is some pretty distinct differences from one side of town to the other

Oh come on, its still full coverage out there with March looking anywhere between frigid and a little chilly. No need to be cold and looking at brown lawns. If it was looking like 60s for the foreseeable future, fine, torch it.

Lets get through today and lock this pack up. Plenty of chances coming.

I wasn't really a serious post, but I have so much to do lol. Full coverage except for one area exposed for 9 hrs.

Aside from seeing the base of several trees (even grass around a couple) , a few other signs of the current torch:

1) flying insects near the woodpile

2) skunk smell

3) dead raccoon sighting on the Trail

4) manure smell from the barn

At least it'll end soon.

Those all sound like signs that Pete has been in your yard.

Well, we'll be putting the brakes on the melting in a few hours.  Even with the cooler conditions coming in, having some overcast will be good to help stave off the effects of the increasing sun angle.  Better yet, of course, is just drop some more snow on top of it!

In the meantime, some dripping continues.

39.4/24

Archived