• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Current Snow Depth

CT Rain

Not a blade of grass anywhere. Sure took a beat-down, the usual spots that are exposed to direct sun are still a solid 8-12"

Could be the longest duration of snowcover since living here.   

Aside from only a few days with minimal snow cover (patches) during the torch at Christmas, early Jan --- Snow cover has held steady since mid DEC.  

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2005 for me from what I can remember. Think I had closed to 36".

Well I guess I mean in terms of depth and longevity. If we can tack on a couple of storms next week and have an active March, then I think we can make a run for a top snowpack March locally. Other than typical torch spots that are angled to the south and /or south face slopes...the snow had tenacity here. Better than I thought.

We'll probably never match March 2001 back in the interior ORH-Monadnocks region...at least anytime soon. Even with still a healthy 15-20" pack over this region now, it would take some pretty huge storms in the next 2 weeks to even think about matching 2001. Depths were in the 4 feet range and over 50" in many spots...that is really pretty special when you are getting that deep any time of the year...nevermind middle March.

But regardless, we'll def have a chance at another excellent snow pack March like in 2013. Pattern looks quite favorable for continued snow threats through at least 3/10.

Had to take a drive to Norwood today and quite the difference in snowpack. Very deep just past Canton. The difference really stems from 2/13 when that area had 4" of mash potatoes and I had mostly rain. The line is literally my town. I haven't been SE of here, but it appears it diminishes quite a bit. 

Had to take a drive to Norwood today and quite the difference in snowpack. Very deep just past Canton. The difference really stems from 2/13 when that area had 4" of mash potatoes and I had mostly rain. The line is literally my town. I haven't been SE of here, but it appears it diminishes quite a bit. 

Foxboro still has a solid 6-8"

I finally went out to measure. I can walk on it now without falling most of the time. Lowest I measured was 8" in a sheltered area, but talking strictly out in the middle of my yard, it's a solid 9"-12" with most spots being closer to 11", so that BDL reading of 10" is probably accurate. 

I can't get over how much snow there still is here.. I can walk on it without sinking in..but these snow/ice banks are just insane

That's because you weigh 110lbs. You should get down lower in your first shot.

I'm also surprised at what I have left. However 2 towns over has about what you have. I am right on the line where snowpack rapidly changes from NW-SE. Once I get to March..snowpack means less vs getting actual snow. We are all losing a bit of snow everyday in sun drenched areas no matter the temp. That will only increase heading through March.

That's because you weigh 110lbs. You should get down lower in your first shot.

I'm also surprised at what I have left. However 2 towns over has about what you have. I am right on the line where snowpack rapidly changes from NW-SE. Once I get to March..snowpack means less vs getting actual snow. We are all losing a bit of snow everyday in sun drenched areas no matter the temp. That will only increase heading through March.

Well even you at 275lbs. could probably still walk on it for the most part.

if we add on another 18-24 inches over the next 10 days..there should be solid cover into late march at least

Archived