Newest Member
    joxey
Current Snow Depth

CT Rain

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Got a cousin who lives there.

And I live 8 mile north, on 127.  Depth at my house is usually a little more than Tooky, as we are at a higher elevation.  Given what was on the ground when I left on Saturday, and the 15 inches that have fallen since, I imagine we are at 32-36.  Unreal.  My depth is usually the same as Dendrite's.

Ginxy coined the right word for this winter, especially given where we are headed over the next two.  Epicosity not only peeked in the window, it knocked on the door and has walked right in.

Lots of snow here as well. probably 30" on the ground.

Check out this data from the North west mtns ! One place with over 1300" on otg

Automated Model Discussion:
February 20, 2014

Area Covered By Snow: 53.0%   Area Covered Last Month: 29.6% Snow Depth   Average: 23.7 in   Minimum: 0.0 in   Maximum: 1371.0 in   Std. Dev.: 40.3 in Snow Water Equivalent   Average: 5.9 in   Minimum: 0.0 in   Maximum: 747.8 in   Std. Dev.: 10.9 in

And I live 8 mile north, on 127. Depth at my house is usually a little more than Tooky, as we are at a higher elevation. Given what was on the ground when I left on Saturday, and the 15 inches that have fallen since, I imagine we are at 32-36. Unreal. My depth is usually the same as Dendrite's.

Ginxy coined the right word for this winter, especially given where we are headed over the next two. Epicosity not only peeked in the window, it knocked on the door and has walked right in.

what a run, I really want it now to go over the top

And I live 8 mile north, on 127.  Depth at my house is usually a little more than Tooky, as we are at a higher elevation.  Given what was on the ground when I left on Saturday, and the 15 inches that have fallen since, I imagine we are at 32-36.  Unreal.  My depth is usually the same as Dendrite's.

Ginxy coined the right word for this winter, especially given where we are headed over the next two.  Epicosity not only peeked in the window, it knocked on the door and has walked right in.

Your pretty close to where my uncle is in Andover. Hes tucked up tight to the east slope of Ragged Mountain, west of Highland lake. He said theres 8" showing of his 4ft fence in the backyard.

Snow depth is insane here. Average is now 30-32" but in plowed/snowblowed areas it is at 40-45". It's pretty awesome...hope we can limit the melting. 

There, told you it would happen eventually, are you done complaining about 1P1 and snow?

Every so often its epic and more epic than metro ORH. Enjoy it, dont worry about loosing it, you guys will melt out a week before spring fling. This is far from the worst of torches. It takes one hell of a torch to obliterate K1P1 snowpack, in fact only once did I ever see snow go anywhere any resemblence of fast and that was a torch in Dec 2005, it felt like back home in MA that day. Otherwise, as a general rule, snow does not like to melt there.

I'm reminded of a day in April 2008, I think we tickled 70F mid month or so, such an awesome day well traveled areas like streets and roads as well as exposed areas were starting to melt out. The woods still had insane snowpack. I remember walking out behind Langdon Woods and there was easily 2'+ in the woods right there, it was like walking into a freezer as you walked along that road and there was a stiff breeze blowing from the micro high pressure created by the cold layer above the deep snowpack. Absolutely 100% no synoptic wind whatsoever but I could open my window which faced the woods and feel a stiff cold wind coming in. That would have been a hell of a day for the intro class (if they met in spring) to do their micro met temp lab on campus. 70 in front of langdon and 30s behind.

Wesley Maine leading the pack with 49"

They've received 25-30" of fluff since the more substantial VD storm.  Tomorrow's event will probably take them down a foot or more (still would be a respectable snowpack.)

Thanks for the maps, Will.  Had to chuckle at the Maine map, specifically noting that Farmington COOP, 6 miles to my west, has 1" more than my 31", while the New Sharon COOP, 3 miles to my SSE, has 6" less.  The vagaries of snow depth.

i stepped off the snowmobile trail last night (in contoocook NH) and went up to the top of my thigh, and my foot was not on the ground. i am no giant, but am not a midget. I would say the depth up there was around 30". I would be they lose about 12 or so inches after the rain last night and the warmer temps today and tomorrow

Doesn't matter...you can drop a MOAB on the pack next week and it still won't penetrate it.

i'll be interest to see how much is lost tomorrow...I bet not much at all since all the compacting is basically done...it can't really compact any more. It might halt at 16-18".

Prob about 19-20" out there this morning (it was like 22-23 last night when I left...pack numbers are similar to those spots in N ORH county...maybe an inch or two less). But its going to be a total brick after FROPA.

When the real cold gets here, we'll be able to stand on it.

Archived