12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Jan 25/26 Observations

Isopycnic

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Awesome. I'd love to be in Boone or the high country right now. Snow from ULL are the best.

Sure are. That one in march of 09 had the biggest and prettiest flakes. It was just beautiful. It looked like for a while that back end was going to swing around and maybe clip everyone but it sure is falling apart now as the best moisture and lift is being transferred northeast over eastern ky, wv, western va. It's a shame because I'm heading to gainesville shortly and was hoping to see a few flakes. Might still see a few flurries, we'll see.

BTW, I meant to mention this yesterday. Was driving down a road near here and there are still snow boulders on the side of the road from where they scrapped it. Some of them quite large, probably up to 10 to 15 pounds but they were dirty as hell. Hard to believe though..but does this mean I should count it has snow still on the ground? :guitar::whistle:

BTW, I meant to mention this yesterday. Was driving down a road near here and there are still snow boulders on the side of the road from where they scrapped it. Some of them quite large, probably up to 10 to 15 pounds but they were dirty as hell. Hard to believe though..but does this mean I should count it has snow still on the ground? :guitar::whistle:

My snowman that I placed in the shade was down to the size of a basketball this morning. Today will probably be the official end of his life.:thumbsdown:

i dont care whether you count it or not, i sure as heck do :lol: still have some on the sides of the road and parking lots....i count that as snow on the ground in ga :scooter:

hmmmm..wondering if i should head west a county or two and see if i can find snow

back to rain now, its lighter. That was amazing for a couple minutes there. Looking at the hi res 6 hour radar loop, the ULL is right over AVL it appears and pockets of precip just keep sweeping in here, and rotating to the n and nw into the central and northern Mtns. Bet they're in for a fun ride the next few hours. Could get interesting anywhere in the northern Upstate, n GA and western NC over the next few hours.

back to rain now, its lighter. That was amazing for a couple minutes there. Looking at the hi res 6 hour radar loop, the ULL is right over AVL it appears and pockets of precip just keep sweeping in here, and rotating to the n and nw into the central and northern Mtns. Bet they're in for a fun ride the next few hours. Could get interesting anywhere in the northern Upstate, n GA and western NC over the next few hours.

That sounds great, hopefully we all get a few surprises, been raining moderately here for a while now, no clue what amounts are but Hickory so far has reported .40" today.

OconeeWx posted the link a page back. If you have n't looked at Sugar Mtn Live webcam, you need to check it out. Its amazing! Every few minutes I check back in and the last look was incredible sized flakes, and billions of them, you could hardly see a thing.

Unreal....if it keeps that up they end up with a quick foot before they know it!

Archived