Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Jan 25/26 Observations

Isopycnic

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WHAT!!

Just drove from Rutherfordton back to Forest City down 74 and it is all rain here.

That ull is really getting going. Heavy returns looking to come into the county..

back to rain now, it didn't last but 3 minutes. Looking at the radar theres some good echoes heading right toward Rutherford and Cleveland shortly. When you're under the heavy echoes, thats when to watch. I went to pure sleet for a moment, then some wet snow and rain. Right now, very light rain and 40.

That Sugar Mountain web stream is the best of any the cam's I've seen in the high country...if for no other reason, there's enough bandwidth to where there's no skipping of frames.

by far its the best I've seen of all the links I've ever seen posted on the forums. From now on, I'll just use this one. So thanks OconeeWx for that. I'm watching the slopes get active now, and seen several hard falls of snowboarders.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

by far its the best I've seen of all the links I've ever seen posted on the forums. From now on, I'll just use this one. So thanks OconeeWx for that. I'm watching the slopes get active now, and seen several hard falls of snowboarders.

That's the one i watch when i'm down and out about the snow! Like watching live tv, sometimes i'll connect to the 55" and the flakes are even bigger :thumbsup:

For the Boone NC area:

.RAPIDLY DETERIORATING ROAD CONDITIONS AS SNOW INTENSITY INCREASES... SNOW IS EXPECTED TO INTENSIFY OVER THE AREA FOR THE REST OF THE MORNING INTO THE EARLY AFTERNOON HOURS...WITH SNOWFALL RATES APPROACHING ONE TO TWO INCHES PER HOUR AT TIMES. THIS WILL RESULT IN RAPID ACCUMULATION OF SNOW ON ROAD SURFACES...RESULTING IN HAZARDOUS TRAVEL ACROSS THE AREA. IN ADDITION...WEIGHT LOADING OF WET SNOW ON TREE LIMBS AND POWER LINES...COMBINING WITH INCREASING WINDS MAY RESULT IN SOME SOME DOWNED TREES AND TREE LIMBS...CAUSING SPOTTY POWER OUTAGES. AS A RESULT...TRAVEL THROUGH THE AREA IS DISCOURAGED FOR THE REST OF THE DAY. WINTER STORM WARNINGS REMAIN IN EFFECT FOR THE ENTIRE AREA.

Archived