joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Jan 25/26 Observations

Isopycnic

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You can see my current conditions below, it's been a cold rain all day long and still light rain. Had a high of 39 just a minute ago and it's rising at .9/hr, but it generally stayed around 34-35 all day. I had a few flakes mixed in this morning but nothing to write home about.

During the first Jan storm, I had .55" of liquid the first day and .33" the next. As you can see only .43" so far today. So in more ways than one, this storm has been a big bust.

For now we're pretty much out of the rain, you can see what's coming your way in NC here: http://www.daculawea...rgia_master.php You can zoom out one level and get a better picture.

Looks like it's trying to pop up a little line again in south Alabama.

Or here http://www.daculaweather.com/ridge_carolina_master.php Zoom in or out and/or drag the map

You obviously dont live in the Piedmont of NC! :) It does the opposite here, even when the radar looks good, we are just getting sprinkles. Burgertime's bermuda snow triangle pretty much sums it up, even with rain.

Got some light rain but that has been about it. With the way the radar is looking I doubt I will get more than .1 now.

Wow. Best avatar ever! It is a glorious 39 degrees and raining here. Had about a quarter inch so far.

37 degrees and a lot of rain. Bring it on baby. I want it to pour. :weight_lift::drunk:

you sure thats a lot of rain? As of 4:30, GSP hasn't had much, and judging by radar, I don't see anyone around here with much

PRECIPITATION (IN)

TODAY 0.08 2.30 1978 0.15 -0.07 0.05

MONTH TO DATE 1.77 3.54 -1.77 4.83

SINCE DEC 1 2.93 7.40 -4.47 13.50

post-38-0-91788600-1296001372.jpg

you sure thats a lot of rain? As of 4:30, GSP hasn't had much, and judging by radar, I don't see anyone around here with much

post-38-0-91788600-1296001372.jpg

I can confirm that enhancement shown on the precip estimate along the escarpment, 0.30 has fallen with this event. Considering how at most I was supposed to receive around .75 to 1.0 inches...we're doing okay with this rain.

I can confirm that enhancement shown on the precip estimate along the escarpment, 0.30 has fallen with this event. Considering how at most I was supposed to receive around .75 to 1.0 inches...we're doing okay with this rain.

I'm sitting at .16" total from the event. Could be worst I suppose with folks in Raleigh thus far not event getting a tenth.

Archived