joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Jan 25/26 Observations

Isopycnic

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You can see some big wet flakes falling on my webcam, I'm not there so no first hand report. 34.5 but it looks like it's 32 about 400 or so feet up. Nothing sticking though.

http://www.daculawea....com/camera.php

Funny how I see flakes there via your cam but notta thing up here. Im thinking even an inch is a stretch at this point.

I had a pretty good downpour here this morning around 1:30 am, with the temp at 30F. Noted a thin glaze on the trees and the back deck after it stopped, but nothing when I woke up as the temp was around 37. Currently 45 and OVC. I hate to say this, especially for those out west who need the RN, but the radar is taking on a Carolina split type of look with the heaviest amounts east of 95, and then back over towards TN based on the downstream picture. Drying is really starting to punch through, almost into Macon already. :thumbsdown:

Light rain here all day. Current Temp 43. HSV just upgraded the WSWatch to a WS Warning for 2-4 inches overnight. But it's all dependant on the track of the ULL.

Urgent - Winter Weather Message

National Weather Service Huntsville AL

100 PM CST Tue Jan 25 2011

, Accumulating Snowfall Likely Over The Tennessee Valley

Late Tonight Into Wednesday Morning,

A Surface Low Pressure System Is Tracking Across The Gulf Coast And

Into The Southeast Today Into Wednesday. This System In Combination

With An Upper Level Low Pressure System Will Bring Accumulating

Snowfall Across The Tennessee Valley. Precipitation Will Begin To

Gradually Mix With And Then Change Over To Snow Across The Area Late

Tonight. The Snow Should Then Continue Through The Overnight Hours

Tonight Before Tapering Off From West To East By Wednesday Afternoon.

Winter Storm Warning In Effect From Midnight Tonight To Noon

Cst Wednesday,

The National Weather Service In Huntsville Has Issued A Winter

Storm Warning For Snow, Which Is In Effect From Midnight Tonight To

Noon CST Wednesday. The Winter Storm Watch Is No Longer In Effect.

* Timing And Areas Affected: Rain Will Begin To Mix With And

Then Change Over To Snow Around Midnight Across Northwest

Alabama, And Then Gradually Overspread The Remainder Of

Northern Alabama And Southern Middle Tennessee During The

Early Morning Hours On Wednesday.

* Accumulations: Total Snowfall Accumulations Of Two To Four Inches.

The Higher Snow Amounts Will Generally Be North Of The Tennessee

River And Over The Higher Terrain Of The Cumberland Plateau.

* Other Hazards: Gusty North To Northwest Winds Of 15 To 20

Mph Will Affect Northwest Portions Of Alabama Late Tuesday

Night, And Then Spread Across The Remainder Of The Area

Through Wednesday Morning.

* Impacts: Snow Should Begin To Accumulate On Roadways Across The

Area During The Overnight Hours, And Continue Into Wednesday

Morning.

Precautionary/Preparedness Actions,

A Winter Storm Warning For Heavy Snow Means Winter Weather

Conditions Are Expected Or Occurring. Significant Amounts Of Snow Are

Forecast That Will Make Travel Dangerous. Only Travel In An

Emergency. If You Must Travel, Keep An Extra Flashlight, Food, And

Water In Your Vehicle In Case Of An Emergency.

&& Issue Time:1/25/2011 1:00:00 PM Valid Until:1/25/2011 9:00:00 PM

I've had off and on sprinkles the last 2 hours. The pavement isn't even wet yet. I'd be thrilled at this point for .25" from this event.

One good thing i see from this "dud" is if was supposed to ba a major winter storm and this happened...the line to the cliff would have been extra long!

I've had off and on sprinkles the last 2 hours. The pavement isn't even wet yet. I'd be thrilled at this point for .25" from this event.

Same here, dont even know if I would call it sprinkles, not enough to even use my wipers on the car when I went out. I think my guess of .2 of rain earlier will probably hold up here, been hard to get any moisture here this fall and winter. Was looking forward to some good rain.

looks like there is about .40 in the gauge...at least we did get some rain. i had been so busy with all the winter events i hadnt paid much attention to just how dry things were getting

Im sitting at 35 with rain. had about two hours of sleet.

had about 30 min of sleet/rain mix - woo hoo lol its amazing whats ended up happening to this storm the last day or so

edited to add (about 20 min after the initial post)...my temp has been slowly but steadily dropping the last hour or so, down about 1.3 degrees

I'm 38 and very light rain. Just looking at the radar in GSP and FFC its very scattered and spotchy. I think I'd do good to even get a quarter now. I know my area misses the def. band tomorrow.

Actually this rain is heavier than what the radar suggests. I've had moderate to at times heavy rain all day...in fact have heavy rain right now. I've picked up 0.75 so far. 38 here also though...been an incredibly nasty day today with this rain, a lot of fog, and a nice northeast wind.

The looks are deceiving. When you get under those "showers", they can drop some water rather efficiently.

You obviously dont live in the Piedmont of NC! :) It does the opposite here, even when the radar looks good, we are just getting sprinkles. Burgertime's bermuda snow triangle pretty much sums it up, even with rain.

Got some light rain but that has been about it. With the way the radar is looking I doubt I will get more than .1 now.

Archived