joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Jan 25/26 Observations

Isopycnic

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thunder? Snow in two weeks..take it to the bank!

Start the thread, dude!! Squirrels are out in the rain this morning, too. They don't do that. unsure.gif

still getting flashes and some good rumbles. And more importantly, raining to beat the band. Pushing .50" now in the last 30 minutes!:thumbsup: the 5H is crossing over. Watch out to my nw.

I love early morning t-storms. wub.gif

Just had a decent storm go by with very heavy rain. Too dark to see but I could have sworn I heard the ping very small hail hitting the windows.

Edit... 0.26in is my total so far. Hopefully a few more heavier showers and I can get half an inch.

I thought I heard hail, too.

Thought the same thing this morning as I was outside letting the Pony out of the barn!! 10 days?? :)

No doubt Robert!! .40" when I checked at 6:45 this morning.. More than I thought!

still getting flashes and some good rumbles. And more importantly, raining to beat the band. Pushing .50" now in the last 30 minutes!:thumbsup: the 5H is crossing over. Watch out to my nw.

Been getting rocked with some great thunder the last 20 minutes. Pouring rain and decent winds, maybe .50" in just the last 15 minutes. The RUC had this strong line coming through here about this time so watch out NW NC and into VA.

Crappy radar. But watch the loop. Quick Blue Flash(snow) right to your NW. Backs up what you just posted

http://www.accuweather.com/us/radar/sir/us_/radar.asp?play=true

Just had a decent storm go by with very heavy rain. Too dark to see but I could have sworn I heard the ping very small hail hitting the windows.

Edit... 0.26in is my total so far. Hopefully a few more heavier showers and I can get half an inch.

Yes, heavy rain and thunder here at work in Davidson. I can also say without a doubt that there is some hail/sleet mixed in as well. I was walking into work and was dodging it.

Don't let Lookout see you say that. He'll try to bring science and logic into the conversation. :devilsmiley:

I had .75" in the bucket when I left this morning with "heavy drizzle" like Asheboro was reporting. No echos overhead but it was coming down good. I had some thunder and gusty winds last night too.

Heavy snow in Boone. With the radar looks, they wil get hammered, as I'm still getting heavy rain and its heading n, nw.

7:46 AM 33.8 °F 33.8 °F 100% 29.64 in 3.0 miles Calm Calm - 0.06 in Snow Snow METAR KTNB 261246Z AUTO 00000KT 3SM SN OVC006 01/01 A2964 RMK AO2 P0006 8:05 AM 33.8 °F 33.8 °F 100% 29.63 in 5.0 miles Calm Calm - N/A Rain Light Rain METAR KTNB 261305Z AUTO 00000KT 5SM -RA OVC006 01/01 A2963 RMK AO2 LTG DSNT E 8:23 AM 33.8 °F 33.8 °F 100% 29.63 in 7.0 miles Calm Calm - N/A Snow Light Snow METAR KTNB 261323Z AUTO 00000KT 7SM -SN OVC004 01/01 A2963 RMK AO2 8:43 AM 33.8 °F 33.8 °F 100% 29.63 in 2.0 miles ESE 3.5 mph - 0.02 in Snow Snow

Archived