12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Jan 25/26 Observations

Isopycnic

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Folks in The NW Appalachians of NC and SW VA from Boone northward really got lucky. A mesolow formed which likely helped enhance the rates. Its moving further into SW VA now, so the very heavy snow should be coming to an end soon.

feqdg4.gif

As for here... its been nothing but rain. Boundary layer issues has kept me from getting any snow. The rates were just never high enough

Temp: 38.8 degrees

BTW - I have no idea where to put this, but just wanted to give Robert (Foothills) kudos on identifying the deform north and west of Nashville much earlier than the NWS guys evidently did. Reports around Nashville were for a couple of inches, but back in Southern/Western Kentucky there were 6+ amounts (right about where he said they'd be) GOOD JOB Robert

Heavy rain/sleet now. Temp holding at 40.5.

That's right! Witnessed myself! And who was that "professional" that said absolutely NO wintry precip with this system (Called out CLT area a gazillion times-must have had a GF or BF from here them them)? Good call Foothills! If only this thing had tracked like the NAM showed a couple of days ago, and your forecast "POTENTIAL" would have been off the chain! Thanks

BTW - I have no idea where to put this, but just wanted to give Robert (Foothills) kudos on identifying the deform north and west of Nashville much earlier than the NWS guys evidently did. Reports around Nashville were for a couple of inches, but back in Southern/Western Kentucky there were 6+ amounts (right about where he said they'd be) GOOD JOB Robert

That's right! Witnessed myself! And who was that "professional" that said absolutely NO wintry precip with this system? Good call Foothills! If only this thing had tracked like the NAM showed a couple of days ago, and your forecast "POTENTIAL" would have been off the chain! Thanks

thanks!

yes it would have J. If we had got the 5H system down to southern Alabama as there was a chance for, before everything went NW, then what happened in western KY/TN would have been translated further south and east toward the srn Apps, spreading across the Carolinas today.

post-38-0-58177700-1296062277.gif

post-38-0-59420300-1296062323.gif

Hey Robert! Is this the cam you are talking about ? Thanks

http://www.highcount...as_SugarSki.htm

http://www.skisugar.com/sugarlive/

Yea, where is that guy anyway? According to him we were all idiots to listen to anyone but him. No possible way, not gonna happen, can't happen... rolleyes.gif

And now, even with all the model twist and turns and fails and everything else that happened, Robert did get it correct for the most part.

I've changed my mind, I'm no longer tracking models, I'll just track Robert! thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Just came down for like 30 seconds.. i was at the corner market store between Reidsville and Eden when it happened. Seen any lightning or thunder your way?

cool i had a little thunder around 8 this morning but thats about it.hopefully we can see some flakes today

Yea, where is that guy anyway? According to him we were all idiots to listen to anyone but him. No possible way, not gonna happen, can't happen... rolleyes.gif

And now, even with all the model twist and turns and fails and everything else that happened, Robert did get it correct for the most part.

I've changed my mind, I'm no longer tracking models, I'll just track Robert! thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Amen...you throw a dagger at our Pro's around here, then be ready for a "text thrashing". I am quite surprised HKYWx and his fiesty self did not rip that person a new one. Ok...sorry for OT, but I had to throw my 2 cents in. Back to the weather...41 deg and light rn. Had a couple of minutes of sleet earlier!

Dont' do that! Turns out the ULL came and tilted just enough to drag enough moisture and cold anyway, and as always with ULL's anything can happen. I'm actually surprised the def. band isn't further nw than it is, but thats how these things can go. If it had been much further south, I think n. GA and the central to western Carolnas would be in good snow right now, then toward the eastern sections. But the track and setup changed a while back.

Pouring snow and sleet here. :thumbsup:

:pepsi:

Archived