12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Jan 25/26 Observations

Isopycnic

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cool. Im just a fan of the underdog.....They fit that good :)

Rain has moved out here. Left with high clouds and 41...

I would guess so...BTW, I'm not a Royals fan even though I have them on my avatar. That is actually a pic of Greg Holland, a 2004 McDowell High graduate. He made the majors last season, first McDowell High player to ever make the show.

Well here in Mt Airy we've had rain ,rain and more rain.Temps have not dropped but maybe a degree now at 37.They actually let school out at 10:30 in city and county.I know it better to be safe especially with our children but who knew this was ,or in this case, wasn't going to happen.It is dishearting to look up in Va and the NE and see all that blue.I'm happy for them but I do wish we could have cashed in on the snow first.

Air Bellows Gap . Alleghany Co.---- After getting 1" in 15 mins. at 10:30 AM the snow has fallen at about the same rate all day but has gradually gotten much smaller flakes .

Started as silver dollar size and now only 1/8 ". The picture attached was taken friday and shows a miles long "waterfall" of clouds lifting up from the foothills and pouring over

the Blue Ridge escarpment into our valley . Thought you may interested in this neat weather scene.

Air Bellows Gap . Alleghany Co.---- After getting 1" in 15 mins. at 10:30 AM the snow has fallen at about the same rate all day but has gradually gotten much smaller flakes .

Started as silver dollar size and now only 1/8 ". The picture attached was taken friday and shows a miles long "waterfall" of clouds lifting up from the foothills and pouring over

the Blue Ridge escarpment into our valley . Thought you may interested in this neat weather scene.

post-5138-0-49842800-1296073876.jpg

Outstanding. Very cool pic.:)

And I wanted to add observation wise; the ull must be right over me now. My sinuses tell me so.

Outstanding. Very cool pic.:)

Yeah, great picture, thanks for sharing!

Getting a little bit of wind here with the H5 low passing just to the nw and lp starting to lift north. The sun actually came out around 2:30pm with only a few passing thin clouds as the vortmax scoured out the moisture aloft. Now the dark cumulus has returned, and we have some wind, 20+ in gusts, nice! Made it up to 50 today :thumbsup: , would have been shorts and t-shirt weather if it were not for the RN.

That is AWESOME!! Thanks for sharing!! Beautiful...

Very nice pic. Beautiful countryside up there.

Thunderstorm around 3pm then cold air advection big time ... NW winds are howling out here on the boat with gusts to 30mph+

The wind has been stiff here also, since about 4. Best guess is sustained at 15-20, with frequent gusts over 30. I can here the howl outside in the big pines at times, that is when I know it is getting up there.

The wind has been stiff here also, since about 4. Best guess is sustained at 15-20, with frequent gusts over 30. I can here the howl outside in the big pines at times, that is when I know it is getting up there.

Peak gust of 37 at the store in Fountain on Boz's weather station. 33 mph at PGV

Had a 5 min period around 4ish where it blew steady 20 with gust near 40-45, sky looked great lots of low black clouds screaming by.

Archived