joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
June Obs and Daily Disco

H2O

• Replies 859
  • Created
  • Last Reply

9,600. Lowest elevation in the main part of the county is 8,700.

The Garmin reads 9255 elevation in front of sons place. The valley below the dam in  Silverthorne heading towards Kremmling averages under 9K, rest of county is 9K-14K. I disagree with those saying it is boring weather wise after the snow. It can rain in late summer almost daily, there are HUGE temp swings when it is dry and it CAN snow almost any month. I have been there for all the seasons (including mud) and I am hooked. Now, as a courtesy....it is cloudy and 64 out there, warmest it has been all day. 

So much for a prolonged cool down..EPS, NAEFS, and the bias corrected GEFS all have us above avg in the aggregated 5-10 day avg, continuing thereafter. The standard GEFS keeps us below avg, but it's an outlier.

800.jpg

Getting an anomalously cool and damp period now due the the low to the south and the high to the NE. Who said we were in for a prolonged cool down? And there is certainly nothing out of the ordinary showing up in the next 10 days on the guidance. When is it not typically above average in June for this area? Nothing really oppressive...no torching heat or sustained high DPs in the offing that I can see.

Going camping this weekend. I need some clear skies and dry air from Friday evening through Sunday morning. Make it so.

I'm hosting a baby shower for a coworker, need nice weather so 15 of us are not crammed into my house and get enjoy the yard instead

Getting an anomalously cool and damp period now due the the low to the south and the high to the NE. Who said we were in for a prolonged cool down? And there is certainly nothing out of the ordinary showing up in the next 10 days on the guidance. When is it not typically above average in June for this area? Nothing really oppressive...no torching heat or sustained high DPs in the offing that I can see.

I must be looking at some foreign guidance then. Both the EPS/ECM and GFS/GEFS are modeling upper 80s/low 90s next week w/ upper 60s/low 70s dews. Flow looks S/SW in the mid levels, weak/W in the upper levels.

^ I didn't say prolonged cool down. It's a dry down. Source region from the NW. 80's and reasonable dews. I don't see a string of +10's anywhere on the horizon. 

test8.gif

I think that is a bit of a humid pattern with a pos height anomaly to our NE.  Days aren't too bad, but I think mins would be Above area wide...

I must be looking at some foreign guidance then. Both the EPS/ECM and GFS/GEFS are modeling upper 80s/low 90s next week w/ upper 60s/low 70s dews. Flow looks S/SW in the mid levels, weak/W in the upper levels.

Yeah the GFS is abruptly turning away from earlier runs and toning down the front.

0.55" here in Oak Hill since midnight. Very light drizzle most of the day. Great day to do yard work (when the alternative is probably 85, sunny and humid)

Wait-- when did you move here? Are you working for LWX now? 

Weather post: That 4 F temp spread at IAD yesterday has got to be one of the lower ones on record, especially for June. 

Hopefully the Euro/EPS are overdoing the GOA ridge, because this is a pretty nasty/humid pattern being modeled for day 5-10 and it gets worse during the day 10-15 range, subsequently.

500mb heights scream SW flow east of the Mississippi. Obviously things get a bit washed out in the Day 10-15 range, but the GOA ridge signal is strong, which typically teleconnects to a SE ridge.

500mb

800.jpg

800.jpg

Corresponding 850mb temps..obviously washed out quite a bit at day 10-15, but the fact that there's warmth everywhere suggests that wherever that geopotential height rise is located, it'll be quite warm:

800.jpg

800.jpg

Archived