Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
January 11-12 Snowstorm Disco -II

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
<br>im in torrington and JUST measured 17-18" in 3 spots...iffy about that 2' report.<br><br><br><br>how much longer's this thing gonna keep goin here?<br>
<br><br>Where in Torrington are you? That 2' report could be a bit inflated but the nature of the band/non-linear processes means it's entirely plausible for large differences to occur within towns.

<div><br></div><div>I've measured right around 20" but I get pretty badly canopied by the roof and adjacent trees.  </div>

Hats off to you TT. I think people here ignored what you were saying because they have such a sour taste from the NAM.

The problem is/was ...and this goes for a lot of Mets as well, they are on autopilot with their assumptions about the models when the reality is, one needs to pick and choose what situations what tool is going to be better for. You don't send a plumber to a seamstress convention -

4 days ago I hammered out all the reasons why the NAM would be superior for this type of meso-beta scaled scenario, leveraging in not just model type but in situ environmental conditions too. Then, ensuing days and threads went by - I didn't sense that folks either understood what I was talking about, or ignored perhaps. I don't know. But no one has any excuse as far as I am concerned because it was written on the wall back then and is verifying rather nicely.

I do, however, think that while the NAM will have embarrassed the GFS's SE low track (up until the last minute, too) the QPF on the NAM may bust a little high. That is okay, because the other parameters are nailed so tightly. We'll have to see how that goes in the end.

Ayer, snow now up to the top of the tire wells of my car. Bluish tint to the air in snow mist and snow. 1/3 mil vis. 27F. S/S+

<br><br>Where in Torrington are you? That 2' report could be a bit inflated but the nature of the band/non-linear processes means it's entirely plausible for large differences to occur within towns.

<div><br></div><div>I've measured right around 20" but I get pretty badly canopied by the roof and adjacent trees.  </div>

The slant stickers always come out in big events...its not a new thing...which people get confused with the jackpot too.Jackpot can still be jackpot, but we still always get weenie totals from near them.

I just hope to break a foot.

Maybe we all get there Dom...

5 inches fell between 5:30 and 7:30, brief lull now snow increasing again. 7 inches down at 7:30. Great storm! Now the big questions is where does the deform set up and how big is part 2? Awesome dog walk this morn with my almost 14 yr old golden retriever. She still loves the snow.

Archived