joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Coastal Storm Potential - Jan 11-12 II

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i know that.....what im saying is that in the worst case scenario where mixing actually comes to the coast, then all areas would still get several inches beforehand and then perhaps the cape would only get 1-3

but obviousy he is not talking worst case scenario, he is actually thinking 1-3 for the coast lol

The December 26-27 storm tracked basically right over where the 21Z SREF mean has this coming low at 18Z Wednesday and that storm managed to pull the changeover through Plymouth and Bristol counties in MA. Granted it was a stronger storm and cold air wasn't incredibly firmly entrenched across those areas, but the changeover is always a concern in the coastal regions. I'd have to imagine with a track this close to the Cape (wrt SREF mean at least) that they change over, but dynamic and evaporative cooling would have to keep areas boston and surrounding regions all snow?

see as i was just saying.. the trend isn't over yet.. and no one should bash him for that call of 1-3" yes he makes some crazy forecasts sometimes.. but has plenty of reason to forecast mixing issues at the coast..

There was a trend? If anything there was a slight trend to the SE over the last couple runs. I'd wait for the other global models to come in before justifying his forecast. And it's the NAM past 54 hours. Grain of salt and caution to the wind must be taken.

Best of luck to you and thank you for serving this country. My son has been in the Air Force for over 3 years. He is currently home on leave but will be returning to South Korea next weekend. All the best to you.

I thank your son for his service

Good luck man, And thak you for going to serve this country.......

Thanks, no problem, biggest concern heading into basic, is the gun part, other than that I can deal with most of everything else, it will be interesting to see how my emotions will be like. I am emotional at home and not really emotional away from home, maybe the same thing will happen to me when the drill sergeant is yelling at me, or the training instructor, I guess they can't say bad words, or swear.

Archived