The Jan 9-11 Storm

Wow

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry for he smiley post but......... :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

:weenie:

:angry:

Sorry, I don't like frauds and liars lying to millions on tv while begging people to depend on him and his station to give people the most accurate forecast.

Haha yea I knew you saw it Lookout! I think its funny that I immediately thought of your reaction! ha but yea I wanted to just watch to see him name portions of counties that could get a flurry per the in house models and I got a bigger treat! ha

:lol: It's nice to see my displeasure with this guy is well known. :guitar:

I don't want to throw the thread off track anymore so let's move this to the banter thread. I'll copy/paste this post if anyone cares to continue the conversation of what a complete fraud this guy is.

I can so understand your feelings, Lookout. We have a new met here in Columbia, SC on WISTV-10 and he is plain AWFUL! He is calling for highs in the lower 50's with rain chances on Monday & Tuesday! He also said it would most likely be dry and we would not hardly see any rain either. I wonder what models he is looking for. At least our NWS does mention the chances of a mix. I should send him to the forum to be schooled again!

That guy will never, ever ever ever.. along with Ben Tanner... admit to anything frozen at all unless it's in NOAA's forecast discussion. He will be interesting here in 5 minutes to see if he mentions "something that needs to be watched" since NOAA has. Scott Ryan from WLTX impressed me last Christmas as he at least got excited and showed Euro totals even though he jumped the gun. I remember this new met at WISTV had it out of his mouth "is there going to be a white christmas? no" before NOAA updated their discussion. Can't stand it one bit. I really do miss Brooks sometimes. At least he would update his blog with a lot more info for people who cared.

If you have accuweather pro, it clearly shows snow from New Orleans to just east of Pensacola on the 12z Euro.

Odd. Check the snowfall map from the Euro, that is where it is showing the snow.

I don't think its right... the 12z euro was well above freezing along the gulf coast and it never approaches freezing at 850mb before the low moves off the Atlantic coastline

2ibn97c.gif

@NCBlizzard, There is a chance for a Rain/Snow mix or Rain to Snow on Sunday and Monday in Montgomery and Troy. Do you think it will be too warm here?

I'm no met. I would say everyone's fair game at this point its still a long ways off. Better be careful about these IMBY (In My Backyard) questions

Odd. Check the snowfall map from the Euro, that is where it is showing the snow.

Yea it does show something even though the 540 line never makes it that far south.

That guy will never, ever ever ever.. along with Ben Tanner... admit to anything frozen at all unless it's in NOAA's forecast discussion. He will be interesting here in 5 minutes to see if he mentions "something that needs to be watched" since NOAA has. Scott Ryan from WLTX impressed me last Christmas as he at least got excited and showed Euro totals even though he jumped the gun. I remember this new met at WISTV had it out of his mouth "is there going to be a white christmas? no" before NOAA updated their discussion. Can't stand it one bit. I really do miss Brooks sometimes. At least he would update his blog with a lot more info for people who cared.

I miss Brooks too and I really enjoyed reading his blogs. He would always give scenarios of what "COULD" happen. Ben Tanner is a joke but this new guy is even worse. WIS can do so much better. I do like Jim Gandy on WLTX cause he at least lets you know the possibilities.

Over .69 of nasty, deadly, tree breaking ice along with other junk in the CAE area. Man...

http://www.meteor.ia...m/gfs3_kcae.dat

I hope like heck the Euro holds its ground or trends even better for our area as far snow goes. I do not want a repeat of a few years ago with that big ice storm and lots of folks going days w/o power. Not a fun time at all!

And nope he didn't change a thing, dude on WIS stuck to his guns! lol

I hope like heck the Euro holds its ground or trends even better for our area as far snow goes. I do not want a repeat of a few years ago with that big ice storm and lots of folks going days w/o power. Not a fun time at all!

The Euro is snow for the majority of the event, but still ice for at least .20 of it towards the end.

18z GFS is crazy cold in the long range. Once we go below freezing Monday it doesn't have Concord getting above 32 through 1/21 with 5 days toward the end of the period having lows below 0. I'd be willing to wager my house that doesn't pan out. That is EPIC vodka cold

18z GFS is crazy cold in the long range. Once we go below freezing Monday it doesn't have Concord getting above 32 through 1/21 with 5 days toward the end of the period having lows below 0. I'd be willing to wager my house that doesn't pan out. That is EPIC vodka cold

I hope it will kill all the flies, mosquitoes, rats, and snakes like never before!

I'll give the guy the benefit of the doubt..nah..he's not a liar, he is simply too stupid to know how to read a model output. :axe:

I wish some of you could watch this moron. He will absolutely make you shutter in disbelief at the shear stupidity of some of the stuff he says. This is why I can't watch him, he literally irritates me so much that I can't. And the only reason I caught him this time was I had it on channel 2 and forgot to change the channel while I was on the phone. I sure wish I did.

Saw his forecast and knew you would go ballistic, cannot stand him either but there are not too many choices in this area! i think (?) here's to the DGEX!

Does someone have a bit of light, for the hobbiest, reading on soundings, please? I'm trying to get a clear picture of zrain vs sleet soundings, and the tolerances for both. I.e. beyond what point it becomes impossible for rain to turn back to sleet, and what waa effects stop any chance of transition. My experience is that once a big rain event begins to be a big freezing rain it rarely goes back for long, and I'm curious about that waa caa fight. Goofy is giving me near an inch of zrain this go round and that stuff has followed me everywhere I go, I figure I might as well become more well versed in it. Many thinks. T

Does someone have a bit of light, for the hobbiest, reading on soundings, please? I'm trying to get a clear picture of zrain vs sleet soundings, and the tolerances for both. I.e. beyond what point it becomes impossible for rain to turn back to sleet, and what waa effects stop any chance of transition. My experience is that once a big rain event begins to be a big freezing rain it rarely goes back for long, and I'm curious about that waa caa fight. Goofy is giving me near an inch of zrain this go round and that stuff has followed me everywhere I go, I figure I might as well become more well versed in it. Many thinks. T

http://www.meted.ucar.edu/mesoprim/skewt/index.htm

If you are not already a registered member, I would suggest you sign up. You can learn a lot of stuff from COMET modules.

Concerning disruptive effects. With the possibility on the table of 1" QPF, perhaps even more for some lucky areas, not only areas that may wind up with zr as the primary precip type could have widespread tree damage and the attendant power outages. 8 inches plus of heavy wet snow would cause plenty of power failures. Personally, I wouldn't mind an ice storm. Anyone here against a 18" snowfall? Bet that would effectively cause a similar number of outages as 1/2" ice accrual.

Just dreaming, but since there is a chance, however small, I'd love nothing more for MBY than an inch of sleet, followed by 4-6 inches of snow, followed by .75zr, then topped of by a couple inches of back end snow just to pretty things up.:devilsmiley:

I remember Jan 96 having a big sleet storm in RDU, right after New Years. And last year we had a slot of sleet.

I remember that strom well. 4" of snow, then 2" of sleet with 1/4" ice glaze followed by 1" of snow the next day. That stuff stuck around for a week. No school for 7 straight days! 1996 was one heck of year weather wise for NC.

Archived