• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
The Jan 9-11 Storm

Wow

Glenn Burns from Channel 2 in ATL says Freezing Rain possible for South GA with just rain in North GA.

Ha I normally wouldnt post about this but I was just about to ask Lookout if he just saw this! lol I could not believe it. To be clear though let me say up front he did show a map of what the euro was saying which was all snow from the storm and perfect track (He also admitted the Euro nailed the Christmas storm and snow totals) he then show a graphic he made of the 12z GFS and somehow had Rain in NGA with Frz Rain and Sleet in South Central Miss, bama, and GA. haha I have no idea how he got that but then he made it better by saying I am going with the Euro and believe Snow will be developing in here Sunday night and Monday continuing into Tuesday.haha So not as bad as I thought at first haha

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Glenn Burns from Channel 2 in ATL says Freezing Rain possible for South GA with just rain in North GA.

:facepalm: I can not even begin to fathom a scenario that would yield that, let alone from a consensus of the current global guidance. Makes no sense whatsoever, unfortunate though, as most of his viewers probably believe him.

Ha I normally wouldnt post about this but I was just about to ask Lookout if he just saw this! lol I could not believe it. To be clear though let me say up front he did show a map of what the euro was saying which was all snow from the storm and perfect track (He also admitted the Euro nailed the Christmas storm and snow totals) he then show a graphic he made of the 12z GFS and somehow had Rain in NGA with Frz Rain and Sleet in South Central Miss, bama, and GA. haha I have no idea how he got that but then he made it better by saying I am going with the Euro and believe Snow will be developing in here Sunday night and Monday continuing into Tuesday.haha So not as bad as I thought at first haha

Yeah you are right. I just can't believe he even brought up the possibility of rain in North GA and Freezing/Rain sleet in South GA.

Interesting from NWS in Birmingham:

THE BIGGEST QUESTION REMAINS THIS WEEKEND`S SYSTEM. MODELS SEEM TO

BE COMING TOGETHER...A LITTLE. THE 12Z GFS HAS A GULF LOW AGAIN...

BUT NOW ITS MUCH FURTHER SOUTH...WHICH ANY FURTHER SOUTH AND THERE

WOULDN`T BE ANY MOISTURE TO PLAY WITH. THE 12Z EURO ON THE OTHER

HAND...HAS THE MOISTURE...AND HAS THE COLD...AND HAS THE

ACCUMULATIONS. THIS IS WITHOUT A DOUBT THE MOST AGGRESSIVE IN THE

WAY OF SNOW THAT WE HAVE SEEN. IF THE 12Z EURO TODAY VERIFIED...4 TO

6 INCHES OF SNOW COULD FALL IN SOME PART OF THE CWA ON

SUNDAY/MONDAY. YES I SAID SNOW. NOW I`M NOT QUITE READY TO BUY INTO

THAT MUCH SNOW JUST YET...BUT LIKE WE HAVE BEEN SAYING...EXPECT TO

SEE SOME TYPE AND SOME AMOUNT OF WINTRY PRECIPITATION IN THE THE

SUNDAY/MONDAY TIMEFRAME. SO WILL RUN WITH THIS CONSIDERATION OF RAIN

OR SNOW IN THE GRIDS...AND ADD THE HIGHLIGHT FOR THE POTENTIAL OF

WINTER WEATHER ON MONDAY AS WELL AS SUNDAY.

:facepalm: I can not even begin to fathom a scenario that would yield that, let alone from a consensus of the current global guidance. Makes no sense whatsoever, unfortunate though, as most of his viewers probably believe him.

Didn't you know that geese fly north for the winter to stay warm?? Along with old folks lol that's pretty dang funny though, poor guy

As long as it gives me the finger! Sorry guys.... I couldn't resist!

CAE not quite as confident as some others AFD 6:20

They trend towards the conservative route more often than not. Not surprising to me at all, until it's about a day away from something happening, they hold off. Guess it's better to be cautious anyways.

Oh I saw it and as soon as I did I started yelling at the tv lol. I was on the phone when I saw that and I nearly dropped it. Holy freaking hell, he flat out LIED about what the gfs was showing.

Here's the deal, he was actually showing (in words only, no contour graphics) the euro and gfs. Said the euro was snow but then he shows the gfs and said it showed RAIN for north ga and sleet/freezing rain for SOUTH georgia which is of course a total LIE. Besides it being a total lie, any one care to tell me when there was an icestorm in south georgia and rain in north Ga? :axe:

'

This crap just pisses me off because it's such a disgrace for a so called met to get on tv and lie through his teeth like that. My god glen motherf'n burns is such a total douchebag and fraud. I'm actually going to send in a complaint to them and I hope others do too..this type of stuff is beyond the pale and woefully unprofessional.

If he hasn't got the guts to actually truthfully show what those two models are showing, he needs to sit his ass down and STFU.

Sorry for the sort of off topic rant, but that was absolutely pathetic.

here's the 18Z DGEX.... WEENIES SHOULD LOOK AWAY:

eta.totsnow192.gif

Sorry for he smiley post but......... :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Oh I saw it and as soon as I did I started yelling at the tv lol. I was on the phone when I saw that and I nearly dropped it. Holy freaking hell, he flat out LIED about what the gfs was showing.

Here's the deal, he was actually showing (in words only, no contour graphics) the euro and gfs. Said the euro was snow but then he shows the gfs and said it showed RAIN for north ga and sleet/freezing rain for SOUTH georgia which is of course a total LIE. Besides it being a total lie, any one care to tell me when there was an icestorm in south georgia and rain in north Ga? :axe:

'

This crap just pisses me off because it's such a disgrace for a so called met to get on tv and lie through his teeth like that. My god glen motherf'n burns is such a total douchebag and fraud. I'm actually going to send in a complaint to them and I hope others do too..this type of stuff is beyond the pale and woefully unprofessional.

If he hasn't got the guts to actually truthfully show what those two models are showing, he needs to sit his ass down and STFU.

:weenie:

I'll give the guy the benefit of the doubt..nah..he's not a liar, he is simply too stupid to know how to read a model output. :axe:

I wish some of you could watch this moron. He will absolutely make you shutter in disbelief at the shear stupidity of some of the stuff he says. This is why I can't watch him, he literally irritates me so much that I can't. And the only reason I caught him this time was I had it on channel 2 and forgot to change the channel while I was on the phone. I sure wish I did.

I really hope something, somewhere changes. I don't care if it drops us to just really cold rain in CAE, we definitely will not be able to handle an ice storm with estimated qpf amounts. I'm about 30-40 minutes from Columbia proper and I'm hoping that's at least enough of a West spot to get away from those .1-1c temps above the ground, which sadly looks like it's not the case since even ATL is possibly looking at ice.

Thankfully this whole thing is many days away and the slightest shift will probably be the difference between rain, sleet, snow, or ice as far down south as many of us are. NC shouldn't have to worry too much other than the qpf amounts at this point. CAE is already mentioning the possibility of winter weather this far out in what I'm assuming a preparation of a possible ice storm this time around. Last I checked, my are (lexington) had freezing rain in the written forecast already.

I'll give the guy the benefit of the doubt..nah..he's not a liar, he is simply too stupid to know how to read a model output. :axe:

I wish some of you could watch this moron. He will absolutely make you shutter in disbelief at the shear stupidity of some of the stuff he says. This is why I can't watch him, he literally irritates me so much that I can't. And the only reason I caught him this time was I had it on channel 2 and forgot to change the channel while I was on the phone. I sure wish I did.

And the sad part is, most of the public believes him because they don't know any better. He's lucky to be in a profession where you can be wrong 90% of the time and still keep your job.

'

Haha yea I knew you saw it Lookout! I think its funny that I immediately thought of your reaction! ha but yea I wanted to just watch to see him name portions of counties that could get a flurry per the in house models and I got a bigger treat! ha

I almost have to wonder, I know he has an intern or two working for him so I just wonder if by chance maybe the intern screwed up and put the rain symbol instead of Snow symbol there and he just decided not to say snow or change it cause it was an animation and he thought it was gonna change or something? Idk ill have to watch at 11 now for sure..haha

I can so understand your feelings, Lookout. We have a new met here in Columbia, SC on WISTV-10 and he is plain AWFUL! He is calling for highs in the lower 50's with rain chances on Monday & Tuesday! He also said it would most likely be dry and we would not hardly see any rain either. I wonder what models he is looking for. At least our NWS does mention the chances of a mix. I should send him to the forum to be schooled again!

Archived