Jump to content
  • Member Statistics

    19,040
    Total Members
    49,013
    Most Online
    loganboehmewx
    Newest Member
    loganboehmewx
    Joined

October 2026 general discussion


Typhoon Tip
 Share

Recommended Posts

29 minutes ago, The 4 Seasons said:

They cycle every six years, its been that way forever. Once a name is retired it is replaced with a new one. Theyalso  got rid of the greek alphabet after 2020 and just go back to A with an alternate list of names. 

https://www.nhc.noaa.gov/aboutnames.shtml

Oh ya, I do remember that…but its just kind of tiring…and silly, of course that’s just my opinion. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, The 4 Seasons said:

Well that's unfortunate, wth is going on?

maybe you can answer my question here, can you not edit thread titles anymore?

1750527345_Screenshot2026-10-07202626.thumb.png.2ce97217cd324bd33c34a2cf991f6673.png

Weird. Do I show up as still being active in the PM? I may have closed that in March.

I haven’t used thst method in awhile for editing titles…but you can go to your first post and click to edit the content and there should be an option to edit the title and subtitle. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Weird. Do I show up as still being active in the PM? I may have closed that in March.

I haven’t used thst method in awhile for editing titles…but you can go to your first post and click to edit the content and there should be an option to edit the title and subtitle. 

i see it, thanks that works.

It says only i am active, i didnt know that was a thing you could "close" pms, kind of a weird system, i would think it would not let me reply or at least tell me that you are not getting notified of future replies. I didn't even think to look at the top. All good.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Ya…was gonna say, I have no recollection of that.  But then I  saw what you wrote about it being a Mass special. 

There was some damage up here near the border, Enfield/Suffield/Granby area.  I recall a burst of strong winds.  We were right on the edge.  

  

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, CoastalWx said:

Then later that month, we had the snow  event with some more tree damage. That was a great month of Phil. 
 

October 2021 had the epic wind event. We need to make October great again.

That October 2020 snow event was awesome. Weirdly, one of my favorite weather events. Rain changing to snow and accumulating on October is not something you see around here.

It wasn’t a dusting either. I think we got like 4-5”

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Tomorrow's sounding is interesting meteorologically ... which means nothing to a snow-obsessed, dystopian d-drip seeking audience but it is what it is...

This is the first time I've seen the 900 to 800 mb layer be that cool modeled so far this autumn, but the wind being W and paralleling the hydrostatic thickness contours, that means zip actual CAA.  So, the west wind is sourcing from a mild region and albeit feebler sun work to offset about evenly.  We just end up with -2 at 800 mb over a milder llv ... steepened the lapse rate.. Probably will cause gustier chop to the wind.  2 meter's possibly approaching 20 C though, and above normal.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

This was 10/30/20….looking from Chesire to the ENE,  toward the southeast side of Southington.  Chesire had no accumulation, but as you can see, there is certainly accumulation off in the distance toward Southington. 

IMG_1187.jpeg

You guys had snow though iirc? Pretty sure it even changed down on the upper cape. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...