Total Members
    Most Online
    amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
May Discobs 2024

George BM

19 hours ago, stormy said:

Thanks but sorry. My post was not about DCA, it was about Augusta County where with my high was 78 compared to a predicted high of 89. The NWS and others are often hyping temps. 5-7 degrees above  model expectations.

lol well this isn't the "Augusta County" subforum, it's the Mid-Atlantic one, centered on the greater DC-Baltimore metropolitan areas.

• Like 1

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, WxUSAF said:

Feels like this spring we’re either wedged in with cool cloudy easterly flow or completely torched. Not much in between. 

next week might be pretty solid with highs in the 70s.

• Like 6

Time sensitive, but on radar you can see the low level easterly flow and the higher level northwesterly flow in the radar echoes. It’s enhancing precip on the east side of elevation spots like the Catoctins. 

• Like 6

2 hours ago, WxUSAF said:

Time sensitive, but on radar you can see the low level easterly flow and the higher level northwesterly flow in the radar echoes. It’s enhancing precip on the east side of elevation spots like the Catoctins. 

Yup. Our Keedysville mesonet site almost got an inch of rain from the persistent flow.

3 hours ago, pazzo83 said:

lol well this isn't the "Augusta County" subforum, it's the Mid-Atlantic one, centered on the greater DC-Baltimore metropolitan areas.

My patience is challenged with you!   Please try to understand that the the Mid-Atlantic Forum as you listed covers Augusta County.  You need to proof-read your Nonsense before you post.................

Can you understand this simplicity??????? 

This weather blows. Made for a chilly wet round of golf and cancelled my outing to Six Flags. Kids are bummed. Softball fields probably wont dry out for tomorrow either so even more games to make up. I know we can't change it but damn I want to vent. 

We need to shift the calendar so these crappy days fall during the week.

• Like 1

You can still see it!

4 hours ago, mdhokie said:

This weather blows. Made for a chilly wet round of golf and cancelled my outing to Six Flags. Kids are bummed. Softball fields probably wont dry out for tomorrow either so even more games to make up. I know we can't change it but damn I want to vent. 

We need to shift the calendar so these crappy days fall during the week.

Thank god we have a bye this week. We already have to make up last week. 

5 hours ago, stormy said:

My patience is challenged with you!   Please try to understand that the the Mid-Atlantic Forum as you listed covers Augusta County.  You need to proof-read your Nonsense before you post.................

Can you understand this simplicity??????? 

lol don't tell me to proofread when you can't even get basic English capitalization right.  The forecast was pretty accurate for the large part of this forum, so your post about forecasters "hyping" the warm temperatures was nonsense - typical of your posts.

5 minutes ago, WeatherShak said:

That’s it. The imagery in Miami is driving me mad. I’m getting out of bed and driving west I hopes of clouds breaks.

I was just looking at pictures out of FL on X. Really impressive it’s visible that far south. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, pazzo83 said:

lol don't tell me to proofread when you can't even get basic English capitalization right.  The forecast was pretty accurate for the large part of this forum, so your post about forecasters "hyping" the warm temperatures was nonsense - typical of your posts.

I will be gentle with you because you are obviously mentally challenged in various ways with additional very limited comprehension.  The forecast referred to was the point specific NWS for Augusta County, (not D.C.). Please stop referring to a "large part of this forum". 

The NWS specific for Augusta County gives a high in the upper 60's today. Not bad because a 3 model blend is 66.3 for this afternoon.  "Mostly Sunny" is in trouble as we have had cloudy skies since 6 am.   The Sterling NWS mets. often inflate daily highs for Augusta, often call for sunny or mostly sunny when it is mostly cloudy and often inflate wind-speeds behind a cold front.

44 degrees and cloudy at 8:30.  I've got to go and do some gardening, have a great day!

Down to 40.4 here this morning, ALMOST in the 30's... I'm with Stormy above, I'm sure there is a way to track previous forecast's high with actual going back. I'm 95% certain his thoughts are right, especially for the western parts of this forum's area. I've posted several times over the past years of TERRIBLE 'warm busts' by NWS for my area. Sure, they miss low a few times, but that is rare compared to the 'missed high'. 

17 minutes ago, wxdude64 said:

Down to 40.4 here this morning, ALMOST in the 30's... I'm with Stormy above, I'm sure there is a way to track previous forecast's high with actual going back. I'm 95% certain his thoughts are right, especially for the western parts of this forum's area. I've posted several times over the past years of TERRIBLE 'warm busts' by NWS for my area. Sure, they miss low a few times, but that is rare compared to the 'missed high'. 

THANK YOU