Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
April Discobs 2024

George BM

8 minutes ago, Maestrobjwa said:

I thought I felt something! I was lying facedown on my bed and thought I felt something pulsate about 2-3 times (could feel it in the springs).

Oh my B)

• Haha 5

Well, I had the misfortune of driving during the one in 2011, so I unfortunately missed it (still kinda annoyed at that, lol), but I'll take this as a consolation prize if I don't experience another! Although I kinda want to...but just not too bad just harmless shaking :lol:

17 hours ago, csnavywx said:

Feelin pretttttty good about this one from yesterday:

image.thumb.png.5f7dfafb7d66a26c4048509678724292.png

image.png.94ff60e23abb31186c660cbe99ac44d1.png

This whole system has been very dynamic. Other than the thundersnow I experienced in Nov of '22 in the epic Buffalo LES event, I had never experienced thundersnow. Until yesterday IMBY. To me at least, that's one of - if not the - coolest weather phenomenon there is. 

1 hour ago, katabatic said:

This whole system has been very dynamic. Other than the thundersnow I experienced in Nov of '22 in the epic Buffalo LES event, I had never experienced thundersnow. Until yesterday IMBY. To me at least, that's one of - if not the - coolest weather phenomenon there is. 

Cold core spring upper lows are the best. Need very little lift and instability to get them to work their magic and they usually produce strong winds and small hail with ease.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, North Balti Zen said:

Rained again this AM briefly and apparently supposed to rain again later? We've had rain each day in my part of the area since last Saturday. Seven days in a row with rain. And cold. Ready for warmer weather

I'll second that!  They're advertising three days of sun starting Sunday so better enjoy before we get days of rain again after.  There's light at the end of the tunnel though as the 6-months of 40s/50s and rain that we endure here is almost over

• Like 1

2 hours ago, yoda said:

Well the 40s does.  The clouds and rain return Wednesday 

Right, a week ago looked like the coming week was gonna be dry, now we might get another inch or two of rain. Also might be a pattern reload mid month with more below normal temps. 

Im done with this weather but know I cant change it!

It wants to be cloudy so badly, but so far it's been a pretty nice start to the day.  Looks like we're in and out of sun for the remainder of the day, but that's an improvement over the "tropical remnants" type of a pattern we had all week.

5 hours ago, yoda said:

Well the 40s does.  The clouds and rain return Wednesday 

The rain puts a damper on my biking, but I can fit in hoops around mild temps and rain.  What I don't want is 40s/low 50s and wind.  I've graduated from that.  The main thing we need to be weary of are those lumbering upper level lows through the GL and northeast.  That's a recipe for cloudy/cool/breezy.

On 4/1/2024 at 10:34 AM, 87storms said:

Looks like nicer weather might not return until Saturday or Sunday.  Glad I got out and enjoyed the temps yesterday while they lasted.

I was hoping it would be by Saturday.  I think I'm gonna cave soon and get a hoops sesh in anyway.