Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
April Discobs 2024

George BM

4 hours ago, katabatic said:

0.49" since midnight and 1.79" since yesterday. Smaller streams are flowing at near capacity so it'll get interesting if we get some heavier returns later.

I woke up last night and it sounded like i was in the Caribbean or Hawaii with the way the rain was coming down so hard. Driving home from Garrett now and its been a foggy rainy slog. Need some sun asap.

3 hours ago, mdhokie said:

I woke up last night and it sounded like i was in the Caribbean or Hawaii with the way the rain was coming down so hard. Driving home from Garrett now and its been a foggy rainy slog. Need some sun asap.

I hope you got home in good shape! 70 is such a peach with the rain and trucks. The bucket is now at 2.15" and rising with the latest round coming through. Step, squish. Repeat.

49 minutes ago, nj2va said:

Hopefully someone is getting the drought thread ready the moment we hit 5 days of sun/no precip.  :blahblah:

Aready hit that criteria multiple times !!!  Lol

The difference in precip totals the last year and half have been astounding in a state this size.... If it was Houston to Amarillo yeah fine totally different climate , But a hour or 90 min ride in any dang direction shouldn't be that big of a discrepancy even though the central and northern valley does indeed avg a few inches less in yearly precip....

• Like 1

This has been, by far, the biggest overall rain event since I moved to the Boonies in October of 2022. 1.49" so far today and a storm total since Monday morning of 3.78". Currently raining about a third of an inch per hour but earlier this morning, it briefly touched nearly 2". The storm's caboose looks to provide a sloppy April snow show keeping the need for any post-winter sunscreen for my bald head at bay.

• Weenie 1

29 minutes ago, katabatic said:

This has been, by far, the biggest overall rain event since I moved to the Boonies in October of 2022. 1.49" so far today and a storm total since Monday morning of 3.78". Currently raining about a third of an inch per hour but earlier this morning, it briefly touched nearly 2". The storm's caboose looks to provide a sloppy April snow show keeping the need for any post-winter sunscreen for my bald head at bay.

Awesome ! Yeah you guys most certainly need a dry period up there....