Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
April 2024 Disco- SNE’s favorite month

HoarfrostHubb

6 hours ago, powderfreak said:

Those days where it’s -20F in the mountain valleys up here in the morning and raining at 34F by dinner, lol.  Those are the memorable ones.

Fort Kent would do that sort of thing occasionally.  Jan 11, 1980 had 38/-21.  Day before that was 10/-30 and day after 44/4. 
Most spectacular, however, was Groundhog Day in 1976.  At 11 AM it was 46, pouring and screeching.  By 8 PM it was -11 with a 50° drop, 44 to -6, between 1 and 6 PM.  CAR had 49/-7 for the day (with 957 mb) and BGR 57/1 plus 200 flooded cars in Kenduskeag Plaza as strong southerlies (gust of 115 mph in Stonington) blew water up the Penobscot estuary, raising the water in BGR 15 feet in 15 minutes.

4 hours ago, Cyclone-68 said:

I probably mentioned it here before but I have bad seasonal affective disorder and hopefully when I retire in a few years I can head south for at least a warmer (sunnier?) climate 

Me and my sisters are looking i to getting a condo in Florida, I'd like to be here for storms but it's also nice to be sitting outside with a drink while its 70 in winter.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Unless you were copying and pasting a weather app.. this week always looked like sunny and mild to warm Monday and Tuesday with a one day mild down Thursday and Friday rebound with some fake cool nights.  Whenever the sun is out this time of year you add on at least 5 degrees to machine numbers . 

Looks like a nice week of 70s/80s coming up. 

10_day_inland (11).png

8_Day_Inland (1).jpg

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, BrianW said:

Looks like a nice week of 70s/80s coming up. 

10_day_inland (11).png

8_Day_Inland (1).jpg

Thats a great grab there. I remember posting last week to the two or three ACATT that were still touting a cold outbreak all  week that there would be one mild down day near 60 with some fake cold on a few nights. I just didn’t follow the cold record week forecasts and where they were derived from . Granted I’ll stay in the 50’s Thursday and Friday but it’s the same premise . Just a normal week before furnace next week and beyond . I think someone even posted about SNE snow last week for this week . 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Thats a great grab there. I remember posting last week to the two or three ACATT that were still touting a cold outbreak all  week that there would be one mild down day near 60 with some fake cold on a few nights. I just didn’t follow the cold record week forecasts and where they were derived from . Granted I’ll stay in the 50’s Thursday and Friday but it’s the same premise . Just a normal week before furnace next week and beyond . I think someone even posted about SNE snow last week for this week . 

50's every single day.  Not with Jr. around

2 hours ago, AstronomyEnjoyer said:

67.3° high off of a 25.2° low this morning. 42.1° is a pretty healthy swing. Finally brought out the deck furniture today - just in time to see how close I get to the 20° mark Thursday morning.

66F from 23F at the nearest PWS here on the other side of the river.

MVL ASOS was 68F from 24F, for a 44 degree diurnal swing out in the air field.

Top 10 day.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AstronomyEnjoyer said:

67.3° high off of a 25.2° low this morning. 42.1° is a pretty healthy swing. Finally brought out the deck furniture today - just in time to see how close I get to the 20° mark Thursday morning.

12z MET was a trip in NNE. The 9° at SLK would be the latest single digits on record.

image.gif

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

"

As advertised, the overnight hours will be rather cold. Clouds clear quickly as the cold front races off shore and PWATs fall. The wind
direction shifts, west to north, advecting an unseasonably cold air
mass over southern New England"

Torch!

3 minutes ago, kdxken said:

"

As advertised, the overnight hours will be rather cold. Clouds clear quickly as the cold front races off shore and PWATs fall. The wind
direction shifts, west to north, advecting an unseasonably cold air
mass over southern New England"

Torch!

Just in time for tomorrow's boat pick-up.  

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

It’s been raining for eight months and as soon as I put lime down the pattern goes dry. 

Cant buy a shower right now lol.   I have pre-emergent down and it's yet to rain for a week

• Like 1