Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
April 2024 Disco- SNE’s favorite month

HoarfrostHubb

On 4/15/2024 at 9:48 AM, tamarack said:

Sneaky flood - only 1.16" RA plus mountain snowmelt.  The Sandy River peaked at 20.9k cfs, which would rank 22nd of 96 water years but was a comparative nothingburger after the 42.7k last December.

Still finding areas of WTF from the flash flood the other night.

Looking at acres of woods right now just scoured by river water and mud, a long way from the river bed.

I guess this is how water ends up in Alex’s backyard.

Wish this happened during daylight, would’ve been wild to see.

IMG_9332.thumb.jpeg.c8b7aa282ab00a546c954bfa06ccde6a.jpeg

• Like 2

I think we can wrap up winter up here.  The last snow piles on the north side of the house is about to go.  The grass is just starting to green up and awaiting the first Forsythia, which should be any day now.  That for me marks the official beginning of spring. 

My snow total is ending up at 90".  That is slightly above normal.  Although it was a very warm winter there were many marginal elevation type storms.  The last two  18" and 14" really helped my total.  I bet down at Newfound Lake level 600 or so below me the snow total was perhaps 15" less.  This is also the first winter since I bought this house in 89 that I did not record a 0F temperature.  Just last year my low was -19F the coldest I have recorded.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Only 12 was earlier. Junior has lived up to its name this spring .

2010 was the earliest here.  Unfortunately, 3 straight mid-20s mornings May 11-13 toasted the ash and oak leaves, along with every blossom on our apple trees.  Last year was early, too, and many NNE orchards got hammered by the May 18 freeze.

28 minutes ago, tamarack said:

2010 was the earliest here.  Unfortunately, 3 straight mid-20s mornings May 11-13 toasted the ash and oak leaves, along with every blossom on our apple trees.  Last year was early, too, and many NNE orchards got hammered by the May 18 freeze.

Wrong ... Kevin already proclaimed spring 2023 was warm and dewy everywhere - 

...I think he should know.  god

• Haha 3
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, powderfreak said:

Still finding areas of WTF from the flash flood the other night.

Looking at acres of woods right now just scoured by river water and mud, a long way from the river bed.

I guess this is how water ends up in Alex’s backyard.

Wish this happened during daylight, would’ve been wild to see.

IMG_9332.thumb.jpeg.c8b7aa282ab00a546c954bfa06ccde6a.jpeg

I thought that dam with the small pond just south  of Stowe on 100 was going to fail with that storm.  Looks like some repairs have happened since yesterday morning.

1 hour ago, tamarack said:

Hammered my fruit trees too, got a couple apples and that was it.

4 hours ago, wxeyeNH said:

I think we can wrap up winter up here.  The last snow piles on the north side of the house is about to go.  The grass is just starting to green up and awaiting the first Forsythia, which should be any day now.  That for me marks the official beginning of spring. 

My snow total is ending up at 90".  That is slightly above normal.  Although it was a very warm winter there were many marginal elevation type storms.  The last two  18" and 14" really helped my total.  I bet down at Newfound Lake level 600 or so below me the snow total was perhaps 15" less.  This is also the first winter since I bought this house in 89 that I did not record a 0F temperature.  Just last year my low was -19F the coldest I have recorded.

Goddammit you jinxed it.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, tamarack said:

2012 to me was incredibly early.

We then had a major snow at the end of April 2010 with green leaves out… I had 12” at 300ft where I lived in Richmond, VT next to the Winooski River.  1,000ft+ had 18-24”, 3,000ft had 30”.

The early leaf out then snow and cold messed up the vegetation.  I don’t know if I remember 2010 being noteworthy early.  I’ll have to look back into photos.

• Like 1