Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March Discobs 2024

George BM

3 hours ago, WxUSAF said:

Yesterday WTOP radio met called highs near 50 “well below normal” for this time of year :rolleyes:

i noticed the past couple of winters the local TV weather folks would refer to lows below 30F as "frigid" like we live along the gulf coast or something

22 at 7 am.

A soaking rain will really help with the very dry conditions, smoke and wildfires.

A 5 model blend gives D.C. 1.65" and Augusta 1.02". All important Luray receives 1.23".

22 minutes ago, Terpeast said:

Low of 29. No frost because its so dry

It's been super low humidity. My plants are in the last 2 weeks of flower in my greenhouse. I haven't had to use my dehumidifier hardly at all for the second half of flower. If anything, it's been to low. The humidity yesterday got down to 10% in the greenhouse. I put bowls of water in there and it's been up around 30%. The plants are beautiful and 100% mold free lol

15 hours ago, mdhokie said:

You know what makes softball practice really fun? Gale force winds. The one thing we always seem to overperform in. Wind. Blah.

Try tennis practice, lol. I fed a ball to a kid during a drill and it ended up hitting another kid four places behind him in line.

Also, a yard sign flew through the air and nearly impaled me. Yay March.

• Haha 3

19 hours ago, EastCoast NPZ said:

Drove through 31F, heavy snow, with approx 1" on the ground through east PA on I-84 today.  Get back to VA and it's sunny, 65F, hurricane winds and wildfires again.  I'm so goddamn sick of this place.

The former sounds lovely in December, not in late March...though I could do without wildfire smoke.

March has been very dry across the Central Valley. I have received a total of 1.38" compared to a normal on March 21 of 2.31".  This is only 60% of normal rainfall.

This reality has resulted in a rash of wildfires aggravated by high winds.

• Like 1

The dry weather was nice while it lasted. Now back to the usual heavy, maybe excessive rain. The wind wont be trivial ether. Good old fashioned Nor'easter rainer for the MA.

Forecast here is for a half inch tonight and 2-3 tomorrow.

• Like 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic