Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 2024 disco/obs

Torch Tiger

53 minutes ago, Torch Tiger said:

Great day, some drizzle and rain but NO snow.  Tough to be unhappy with that

Ha, just celebrating no snow, happy to endure a cold rain instead. I call bullshit. Sounds like a fishing expedition, trolling for bites. And the lure was good, as I bit at it. Bravo.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

So it ends. Let the long journey home commence. Based on additional snowfall yesterday and last night, ended up with 130 inches. Too expensive, somewhat irresponsible, totally impulsive, achingly laborious. And I will look back with nary an ounce of regret as this was the best tasting chicken soup for the soul I could have imagined. 

IMG_1697-compressed.jpeg

• Like 20
  • Thanks 1
  • Weenie 1

13 minutes ago, katabatic said:

So it ends. Let the long journey home commence. Based on additional snowfall yesterday and last night, ended up with 130 inches. Too expensive, somewhat irresponsible, totally impulsive, achingly laborious. And I will look back with nary an ounce of regret as this was the best tasting chicken soup for the soul I could have imagined. 

IMG_1697-compressed.jpeg

I wouldn't regret a dollar spent, that's awesome. You have more pics?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, Allsnow said:

It’s an impressive period.  Noteworthy.

I don’t know what changed between the fall and winter seasons. Something in the global pattern switched to lead to incredible departures compared to the climo baseline.  El Niño, Pacific flow.

Local departures at MVL ASOS:

November... -0.2

December... +7.8

January... +8.1 

February... +8.4

That is wild.

First five days of March are averaging +12 to +13F at BTV, MPV, MVL, 1V4 (the main climo sites) too.

Anyone know what switch was flipped? 

• Like 7

13 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

It’s an impressive period.  Noteworthy.

I don’t know what changed between the fall and winter seasons. Something in the global pattern switched to lead to incredible departures compared to the climo baseline.  El Niño, Pacific flow.

Local departures at MVL ASOS:

November... -0.2

December... +7.8

January... +8.1 

February... +8.4

That is wild.

First five days of March are averaging +12 to +13F at BTV, MPV, MVL, 1V4 (the main climo sites) too.

Crazy. What an epic disaster this winter turned out to be for the upper Midwest and NNE. I’m sure the Nina next winter will more then make up for it…

• Like 2

2 hours ago, katabatic said:

IMG_1697-compressed.jpeg

Good effort! That shit is legend.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, katabatic said:

IMG_1697-compressed.jpeg

Congratulations on an all timer of a chase. There’s no price too high for a true once in a lifetime experience. 

4 hours ago, Allsnow said:

That’s incredible. Horrifying and incredible.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

.50" here.   Days and days incoming.     :axe:

About the the same here. The monsoon season just doesn’t want to be end for us water weary folks in New England. Can’t wait for more stink bugs and giant spiders to come crawling their way through the cracks in the weeks ahead!