Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
2024 Valentines Day Who the Hell Knows - Comeback Thread

DDweatherman

21 minutes ago, NorthArlington101 said:

Hah… I’m like @Ji . Love the digital chase. Difference is I think I’m less angry when it doesn’t turn out. Never once thought 5” was on the table… but I’m gonna share it and get into it cause what’s the point if you don’t weenie out on a weather forum?

I’d’ve loved an inch… but very happy with the massive flakes spiraling about. Win as far as I’m concerned

we don't live in Jacksonville or New Orleans.  Seeing non-accumulating sloppy wet flakes in the sky at 34 on February 13th is not a win

• Like 5
  • Haha 3
  • Weenie 1

39 minutes ago, dailylurker said:

I was wondering if CAPE and I were the only people east of DC. All snow reports but just rain here. Actually looks like white rain trying to mix in as I type. 

There are several of us on the Delmarva. living vicariously through the snow pics.. 

3 minutes ago, Eskimo Joe said:

Today is the 6 year anniversary of the epic Valentine's Day 2014 event. Broke the 1 day snow record at Dulles IIRC, something like M13.3".

That was the hefty WAA crusher right? Didn’t we have the other in 2018 maybe where places NW had a 2 part storm, big totals in Reisterstown? 

Just now, DDweatherman said:

That was the hefty WAA crusher right? Didn’t we have the other in 2018 maybe where places NW had a 2 part storm, big totals in Reisterstown? 

I don't remember anything in 2018. The 2014 event was incredible because it just was a heavy, wet snow that accumulated almost instantly. I think even DC recorded something like 4" of snow in 2 hours.

3 minutes ago, DDweatherman said:

15 inches here in March 2018 2 part storm. Most snow otg at any point was 12-13. Tremendous event for so late in the season even for up here.

Just now, DDweatherman said:

Was 2014 when Reisterstown had almost 24”?

I was living in York County, PA from 2014-2016 and commuting to Gaithersburg. That storm had an incredible gradient. Takoma Park only recorded 7" of snow, but Damascus up through Baltimore had almost 22" of snow. Big problems on I-83 and I-270.

4 minutes ago, Eskimo Joe said:

I was living in York County, PA from 2014-2016 and commuting to Gaithersburg. That storm had an incredible gradient. Takoma Park only recorded 7" of snow, but Damascus up through Baltimore had almost 22" of snow. Big problems on I-83 and I-270.

Yep that’s the one. Bigtime gradients. There are 2 this year already here. First week of January 6” here and rain in Westminster then 6.3” today and 1.5” maybe there, even 3.5” in Emmittsburg right?

5 minutes ago, HighStakes said:

15 inches here in March 2018 2 part storm. Most snow otg at any point was 12-13. Tremendous event for so late in the season even for up here.

8.5" here, and I'm still yet to see anything close to that again IMBY.