Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
2/13 Significant/Major Winter Storm Discussion & Observations

Northof78

4 minutes ago, RU848789 said:

Given the overperforming snow to the NW, the NWS reraised snowfall forecasts for that area to 8-12", as per the map below.

DDggiiH.png

To me based on the current radar it looks like parts of the LHV and WCT could exceed a foot.

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, RU848789 said:

As of 6 am, it's still 33F and we have almost 1" of snow/sleet on the ground with it being all snow sinsce about 5:30 pm with moderate snow falling now (nice dendrites). Going to need more intensity (more than 1" per hour and we've been less than that), though, to get more than 7" by noon, when things wind down.

As of 6:30 am, still 33F and 1.25" of snow on the ground and snowing moderately - that's only 1/2" per hour rates - going to need more than that to even get to 5-6", let alone 7-8".

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, RU848789 said:

As of 6 am, it's still 33F and we have almost 1" of snow/sleet on the ground with it being all snow sinsce about 5:30 pm with moderate snow falling now (nice dendrites). Going to need more intensity (more than 1" per hour and we've been less than that), though, to get more than 7" by noon, when things wind down.

Well it better, cause this here ain't gonna do it. Already seeing areas to the north doing better than expected. Gonna take a walk anyway and enjoy the day. Keep us posted.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, ForestHillWx said:

@RevWarReenactorthey have 4-5” on the ground, now.

Meaning compared to the model runs as of yesterday, that cut the projected totals to “1-2”, they’ve already tripled up. 

44 minutes ago, CPcantmeasuresnow said:

I'm 45 miles north of NYC in Highland Mills NY and I'm approaching 5 inches already, forget the maps look at the results.

I see that’s fair I guess. But north of I-84 is historic bust territory. So bad it should be talked about for years type bust.