• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Following a Miller A/B hybrid type coastal potential, Feb 13th ... As yet untapped potential and a higher ceiling with this one

Typhoon Tip

1 minute ago, CT Rain said:

15.2" in West Hartford here at the station. Nuts.

11" here in Burlington... A non elevation event; all about where the best banding setup.  So great to see a positive bust; especially after the horrific trends yesterday...

• Like 4

I'm also wondering if up by here we were fighting just a little bit of dry air aloft....we had some really good echoes over us for a time, but we never approached the rates that were occurring in CT. Maybe maxed out around an 1 inch per hour and it didn't last long. Deep moisture/saturation versus some very marginal dry air trying to nose its way into the bands can make a huge difference....particularly when you're trying to shoot for 2"/hr or higher.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ORH_wxman said:

I'm also wondering if up by here we were fighting just a little bit of dry air aloft....we had some really good echoes over us for a time, but we never approached the rates that were occurring in CT. Maybe maxed out around an 1 inch per hour and it didn't last long. Deep moisture/saturation versus some very marginal dry air trying to nose its way into the bands can make a huge difference....particularly when you're trying to shoot for 2"/hr or higher.

How much OTG there?

Changed over to mostly snow in Brookline, ok dendrites.

15z HRRR says we have maybe 2 hours to get a coat-1" lol

Unreal winters continue. We had ~4 hours of magic on Jan 7.

Maybe it's just me, but the disappointment stings even more when the lay public mocks the field/science (and hobby) of meteorology after such a forecasting debacle.

15 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

You have 4” in Springfield?  Holy cut off. I’ve been as far south as Easthampton today and there’s nothing on the ground.

An inch and a half here on grassy surfaces. he's further south so could have close to 4.

20 minutes ago, Brian5671 said:

Are you out of your mind?  I'm right on the coast and we are not rural.   6 inches here with moderate snow.   It's a statewide event outside of the far NW corner.

What an idiot he is... Sometimes we go and picnic in the deep woods of West Hartford where 15+ inches are on the ground... Lol

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Congrats CT/RI/Southeastern MA folks.  You guys waited a long time for this and had quite the roller coaster ride to endure to get here.

Many will now be above my seasonal total of 23.7".  If things continue this trajectory, this'll be the 4th consecutive season where I'm >20" below average.    Not looking for sympathy, it's just snow, but for context/perspective.  Things have been relatively sucky here, too.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, FXWX said:

What an idiot he is... Sometimes we go and picnic in the deep woods of West Hartford where 15+ inches are on the ground... Lol

Rural CT lol- West Hatford land of cow country and hiking through the forest.... He is just angry he was as accurate as the models were. SNE is as about as easy in predicting winter weather as it is finding that rural West Hartford pasture....

• Like 1

Yeah.... 14" here now. Although we expected this 36 hours ago, wasn't expecting this at all as of yesterday afternoon.

It does suck for you guys up in Massachusetts, but you did get that storm back in January where you guys saw 14 to 16 inches up there and We got about half that down here. 

Maybe we can still pull off region wide snow storm for everyone from Washington DC up to Maine before the season's over.

• Like 2