• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Following a Miller A/B hybrid type coastal potential, Feb 13th ... As yet untapped potential and a higher ceiling with this one

Typhoon Tip

1 minute ago, CoastalWx said:

Schools all calling off.  Snow emergency at BOS. 

I do hope this comes north a bit overnight so we don't have to hear the inevitable "they blew it again.." comments.

such a tough job right now for something that looked pretty locked for a while, and a sig for a couple weeks now, hard job

Just now, Professional Lurker said:

Yup. I literally just wrote and then deleted the mother of all meltdowns. I had to think better of it. Even if I have no snow, I still have my pride.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Screw pride, let it rip

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

I do hope this comes north a bit overnight so we don't have to hear the inevitable "they blew it again.." comments.

a bunch in CT closed too-I get giving people notice but wait til 6pm not noon

2 minutes ago, Professional Lurker said:

Yup. I literally just wrote and then deleted the mother of all meltdowns. I had to think better of it. Even if I have no snow, I still have my pride.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Yeh, I understand how you feel. I have been in this forum for about 13 years. I barely write. Once every few years. This storm pissed me off so bad I had to sign in just to express myself.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

If this goes on to break this way ... the public trust issue needs damage control.  The commoners have short memories - kind of like MLB ... you're only as good as your last at bat?   

But say even a partial move back, like a 50 mi back NW bringing even 4" to the Pike would do a lot for people's impressions because the vast majority of the public cares more about inconveniencing at all, as opposed to inches that have fallen.

If they are disrupted by traffic jams and inconvenience while their is snow actually in the air, that's usually good enough

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

If this is anything less than 8-10 that’s exactly what they’ll be saying 

1 minute ago, 78Blizzard said:

I think we will see a north movement from now to go time.  How much, we will see?

I agree actually.  Since my daughter’s SO is a Boston teacher he’s off tomorrow.  At the very least I want him to come over and help with snow removal!

The fact that the NYC area now looks to get buried will make this even worse, as it will be a major national news story. Family from out west who aren't weather geeks and don't understand NE geography will be calling and texting to ask me how we're holding up. 

at this point, how does one trust the model output, I mean we all look at all the ingredients, telecons and levels etc, but for us amateurs who know more than some, but aren't degreed mets, modeled output is what we look at, if it wasn't for a handful on here with great expertise and explanation, it'd be a shit show just basing decisions like cancelling things on model output, which seemed locked, albeit some nuance, but you understand