• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Following a Miller A/B hybrid type coastal potential, Feb 13th ... As yet untapped potential and a higher ceiling with this one

Typhoon Tip

1 minute ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

I’d love to retire there. Beautiful landscape and great weather. 

Ditto.  Convincing the Mrs - different story.

5 minutes ago, NW_of_GYX said:

That’s a life threatening situation for parts of the maritimes. Probably hope for their sake we get an earlier phase, pork’s SNE and jacks dendrite to me, just sayin 

Likewise :)

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Man, no shit ...  S+ low visibility at dawn ... sun shining by 2pm

With a pasty snow and mid February sunshine, water will be pouring down rainspouts after the temps spike to 40...steam rising from the blacktop. Down here it will be done by 10 am, sun by noon

1 minute ago, WeatherX said:

Wheels have come off the SOP crew train for this one. It was fun while it lasted though, basically 3 1/2 days notice for yet another failure. 

We are in a good spot now. This isn't going to go way further north . South shore of SNE should be good.

1 minute ago, WinterWolf said:

You would do yourself well to calm down some. Being Worried and anxious constantly, doesn’t change anything.  Just chill, we in a decent spot. 

Not too worried....I actually received my first seed order today, so at this point I could go either way. Garden time soon....Lots of outdoor work to get done this Spring as well, so earlier the better. However, I still love how snow makes even the oldest folk act and feel like kids, so if it snows, awesome if it doesn't, time to start the spring work early....

• Like 1

The changes in the evolution of both the northern stream and southern stream over the past 24 hours have been astonishing. With the way this looks now I would not be surprised if the deform band ended up farther north than guidance is pinging currently. I guess one thing we really need to hope for too is that southern stream amplifies or digs as so otherwise this could turn into an ugly strung out ordeal very quickly. I am a bit nervous with how things have trended speed wise. Expectations still in check for now.

20 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Thought eps would be more zonked. I’d feel really good from Ray to N CT right now. But both MHT region and S CT are still in line for at least plowable…we’ll see. 

I agree with Ray.  This is a rather impressive analog just on the scratch surface appeal, between the ICON/Euro blend ( or just Euro below), vs Dec 9 2005.    Both events moving swiftly... right down to the sun set likely visible in the evening of this one, just like that one back whence.    I mean the NCEP Library version (left) may as well be one of the present Euro ensemble members of today -

image.thumb.png.e5aae67fd789bdc70f526a0f55d6975a.png

• Like 2

Notable, Dec 9 2005 leveled 15" in Acton ( about 25 mi W of Boston), a foot of which fell in 3 hours... 

There were two concentric bands that snowed S++ back then, with visibility down to that not seen since the Dec 23 1997 'snow bomb' event.  Basically < 50 feet.  About 1/4 mi vis between the meso bands.  SO it was a 50 feet --> 1/4 mi --> 50 feet = 12"