• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
It was a Flop... February 2024 Disco. Thread

Interesting fact:  The last time BOS and metro west was eclipsed by areas south of us down to Philly and parts of BWI/IAD area was the last time we had a strong Nino-until this season so far.  I’ll be very surprised if my area gets a single event >6” from now on this season.  Looks like I’ll leave my snowblower with plenty of stabilized gas in the tank.  I’ll continue the practice of starting it once a month over the summer and fall.

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, weathafella said:

Interesting fact:  The last time BOS and metro west was eclipsed by areas south of us down to Philly and parts of BWI/IAD area was the last time we had a strong Nino-until this season so far.  I’ll be very surprised if my area gets a single event >6” from now on this season.  Looks like I’ll leave my snowblower with plenty of stabilized gas in the tank.  I’ll continue the practice of starting it once a month over the summer and fall.

What year was that Nino?

1 minute ago, NorEastermass128 said:

Is it possible I’m turning into a warmista?  Sure, I’ll enjoy a KU, but if we can get some 60s in here to close the month, sign me up!

I’m sure we’ll be boned and have never ending 40F weather to Memorial Day. 

• Like 4

Just now, dryslot said:

We squall.

Just a flurry here, had 3-4 minutes of nice feathers plus 10 minutes of little'uns for 0.1".

We've had only 2 warned storms so far, which if that's final number would tie 15-16 for fewest since I began tracking WSWs in 06-07 and the only winter with fewer than 4.  Median number is 6.  We're at nearly 95% of average for season-to-date, but short on the big'uns.

13 minutes ago, tamarack said:

Just a flurry here, had 3-4 minutes of nice feathers plus 10 minutes of little'uns for 0.1".

We've had only 2 warned storms so far, which if that's final number would tie 15-16 for fewest since I began tracking WSWs in 06-07 and the only winter with fewer than 4.  Median number is 6.  We're at nearly 95% of average for season-to-date, but short on the big'uns.

Under a warning now for that line that's about to move thru.

IMG_4196.png

Maybe we can grab a 70 in early March looking at ensembles. Weeklies go cold again after that so I’m not expecting 2012…though at this point, I would absolutely take 2012 if offered. 

Only thing that would keep me on the winter train is if we can get a big dog threat from a bowling ball or something. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I echo that sentiment, Will

I saw a bunch of stuff last night that made me want to close the book on this 23rd/24th scenario… I pride myself for objectivity, but I’m still not numb to difficulty garnering enthusiasm when it’s been really pulling teeth just to get two events of any worth out of an entire winter. 

…but we know the odds overwhelmingly favor, if not a bowling ball a couple if not several periods of Labradorian urine after what ever that warm-up entails

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Maybe we can grab a 70 in early March looking at ensembles. Weeklies go cold again after that so I’m not expecting 2012…though at this point, I would absolutely take 2012 if offered. 

Only thing that would keep me on the winter train is if we can get a big dog threat from a bowling ball or something. 

Fully with you. Just end this.

• Like 1