• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
It was a Flop... February 2024 Disco. Thread

Its interesting to note that while the weeklies and almost all model guidance has pulled the rug on any sort of wintry weather/ cold temps by around March 1st or so, there appears to be some sort of return to western ridging and eastern trough around mid March. Of course, that is 1 month away, and we would have to endure a Pac jet extension and flareup of the SE ridge. There are too many problems between end of February and mid-March, but at the very least, I suppose it would prevent March from being totally a spring month. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Weenie 2

3 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

This will keep bumping north. Theres nothing to prevent it from doing that. No confluence. Even with little modeled wood there would be a band well north. Think this weeks storm for reference 

The problem is mechanics in the flow. It’s a rounded trough base and fast flow. That is plenty to “keep it from coming north”. If we can sharpen the shortwave with a slightly stronger vort, then that’s one way, but otherwise most of us are prob just getting some flakes and maybe a dusting. I’d def keep an eye on it down in southern zones though. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Saturday, tonight is coming from a different direction.  You might be in the game for Saturday if it keeps trending.

Hmm…wouldn’t mind a little more.  It’d be nice. We’ll keep an eye on it.  As Will said, maybe we can get this to be a little stronger to sharpen the trough base some? 

12 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

The problem is mechanics in the flow. It’s a rounded trough base and fast flow. That is plenty to “keep it from coming north”. If we can sharpen the shortwave with a slightly stronger vort, then that’s one way, but otherwise most of us are prob just getting some flakes and maybe a dusting. I’d def keep an eye on it down in southern zones though. 

Do you think the winds will be stronger tomorrow than yesterday? I just noticed I have an advisory  (not sure if I had one yesterday day before)