• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
It was a Flop... February 2024 Disco. Thread

23 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

I want it to snow as badly as everyone. But we could get 75” from Feb 15 on out and it wouldn’t save the winter. Not for me anyway 

It would for me.  In fact I would say 50" from here on out would make it a good winter.

2 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Orh has had 31 inches this year so far..is it a ratter there?

Interior NW of 495 doesn’t qualify as ratter imho right now. Maybe way NW line Mitch to Hippyvalley has been ratter territory. But ORH to Ray 495 belt and back to Monads has been ok…subpar but not too awful. December being a disaster brings it down a peg though. 

Just now, ORH_wxman said:

Interior NW of 495 doesn’t qualify as ratter imho right now. Maybe way NW line Mitch to Hippyvalley has been ratter territory. But ORH to Ray 495 belt and back to Monads has been ok…subpar but not too awful. December being a disaster brings it down a peg though. 

Atleast we still have snow otg here so that's a plus

21 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Comparing this to 12-13 isn’t a good analog. Most people got a nice December storm that year and we had some nice cold settling in for late Jan and we were staring down the barrel of Nemo in the first week of Feb. We’re already past the point that season was making its comeback.

I think the best anyone in SNE can hope for at this point is a couple of swings at a large ticket event. You can toss retention and all that other stuff out the window, it’s not happening.

My guess is for SNE, we end up with a 7-10 day window with a couple of shots, then it’s over.

Nah that blocking looks stout. Buckle up buttercup 

49 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

I don’t follow this line of thinking .. come Feb 15th we will have lost 2.5 out of 3 winter months. The vast majority of SNE has seen 15” of snow or less. You don’t save or salvage that type of winter. It’s lost. You can however get some snow to pad the stats to make it seem or “appear” better than it was. Thats really all that we are doing/ hoping. 

It’s a Rat, can’t be saved at this point with winter over in a few weeks

• Like 2
  • Confused 3
  • Weenie 1

15 minutes ago, ineedsnow said:

Atleast we still have snow otg here so that's a plus

Yeah your area hasn’t been bad at all. December was a tire fire but you’ve had pack since 1/7 and around 30” in January. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ORH_wxman said:

Yeah me too. That western ridge isn’t that far east. In addition, you can see later in the period how the Aleutian low is starting to migrate east and trying to become a GOA low. That will also start making things more precarious the further south you are. 

Now maybe the NAO offsets it enough or the Aleutian low never makes it far enough east to beat down the western ridge (weeklies sort of reload it further west in late February/early Mar), but I’d always be leery of things that can push the goods further north because that has been a recurring theme. 

12z Euro impressive

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, MJO812 said:

I think the storm is real. The placement and strength is up in the air. 

We have the AO crashing along with the PNA rising. NAO is also going down. 

The pattern changes after this storm around the 13th.

Yup. It's all been a pretty textbook layout in the teleconnector projections going back a week or more actually.. .    Over the time, the ens mean of all three majors began materializing what that should actually like at hemispheric scales, and considering at the time we were looking at 2 and 3 week outlooks ... the coherence was impressive.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Oh look, another storm with no cold and a brutal cutoff SOP

In the meantime…we’ll have to witness Moonshine and Galileo tickling each other with clown maps. Like a threesome where one gets left out and ends up sitting lonesome in the corner of the room squeezing every last ounce from the bottle of lotion. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1