• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
It was a Flop... February 2024 Disco. Thread

Depends on the setting.  The sun really is an offset factor now - much more so than even a week ago.  Take a similar afternoon back then, and you wouldn't have that same affect.  

Today we disk golfed Buffum.   When exposed to the wind off the backwater lake the chill made it horrible.   Get around the other side of the groves where the sun blazed and wind dropped off, the fake warmth lied its way to 60.  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Depends on the setting.  The sun really is an offset factor now - much more so than even a week ago.  Take a similar afternoon back then, and you wouldn't have that same affect.  

Today we disk golfed Buffum.   When exposed to the wind off the backwater lake the chill made it horrible.   Get around the other side of the groves where the sun blazed and wind dropped off, the fake warmth lied its way to 60.  

My son went disc golfing yesterday morning at Barre Falls.  It was 27F.  

16 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Any sunburns?

• Weenie 1

32 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

You come all the way to Charlton for disc golf? A friend of mines goes there all the time but he lives in Charlton.

If we tandem a -NAO with the -PNA, like these immediate last 2 or 3 model cycles have begun doing ( particularly in the GEFs) than kiss the warm up good bye.

Oh it'll be milder ... by virtue of the sun alone, but the confluence steps up and that won't allow much warmth N/E of OV

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I’m not buying it yet but it would be ironic if when many of us are saying “just bring on the 70s”, we get our best period of winter with multiple threats with highs in Quebec. Something we haven’t been able to buy for 2-3 years. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Weenie 1

3 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

I’m not buying it yet but it would be ironic if when many of us are saying “just bring on the 70s”, we get our best period of winter with multiple threats with highs in Quebec. Something we haven’t been able to buy for 2-3 years. 

Can we piss in Scooters cheerios 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

You think the SSW does anything for us in March?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

It'll be absolute trash but winter will be done

To me, it’s actually been an incredible winter given the departures.  I don’t think most folks understand what sustained +8 is for a departure.

February currently sits at +11.2 at MVL.  People die in July at +11.2 and here we are running snow cover daily at a “departure torch.”

• Like 2