• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Jan 19th Storm OBS Thread

DCAlexandria

Watching the local news, and they were covering kids sledding at Rodger's Forge. One parent said when the flakes started falling, her son was outside in shorts and a t-shirt saying "I'VE MISSED THIS" She said the kid had been out there all day and half the night and said "I've been deprived...I'm not stopping! It may never happen again" 

This kid GETS IT :lol:

9CSWeNf.gif.7b21e76c580bf99919ea31b9327e9a13.gif

• Like 4

Picked up again in the last few minutes. Still small flakes but ith low visibility. Never measured other than earlier this morning so I have no idea what we have. Maybe 4ish? Not feeling too great today so don't plan on measuring. I'll wait for PSU' final totals.

2 minutes ago, Maestrobjwa said:

Watching the local news, and they were covering kids sledding at Rodger's Forge. One parent said when the flakes started falling, her son was outside in shorts and a t-shirt saying "I'VE MISSED THIS" She said the kid had been out there all day and half the night and said "I've been deprived...I'm not stopping! It may never happen again" 

This kid GETS IT :lol:

9CSWeNf.gif.7b21e76c580bf99919ea31b9327e9a13.gif

Apparently my kid was one of them, which station was it, she didn't know?

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, AlexD1990 said:

Nice little storm. The Monday event changed to rain for us, so this is way better in my book. Estimating 2-3 otg.

Sent from my SM-F711U using Tapatalk

Impressive band developing in S DE heading your way.

image.thumb.png.f19432c58219d444b1b7a394fdde4202.png

• Like 5

29 minutes ago, 87storms said:

This has been a flush hit. Still going here with large flakes.

21 minutes ago, kristia said:

It has been! It’s weird not being able to go anywhere. I forgot what that feels like. Not that I have anywhere to be but I just would like the option to be available :lol:

Our place got hit flush with the entire streamer. Place completely caved and all the work to clear the snow for our complex ended in coverage. It was a nice way to end a beautiful winter day.  ^_^

• Like 9

15 minutes ago, notvirga! said:

that little squall by Manchester means business. cameras show the roads are covered again. hopefully it can make it down to Owings mills. 

I've been trying to find the Manchester camera on MD traffic cams, but I can't find it there.

Link?

Just now, notvirga! said:

You got crushed. Did you pick up another inch? 

Not quite, but over 0.5” in quick time. It was the best rates and dendrites I saw today. A beautiful smack to round out another wintry day. Up over 8” for the season now 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

That was an impressive streamer that came down through Washington and Frederick counties.

That puts me at exactly 4" on the day. Could of been more. Was at work all day and just measured. I'm sure there was some compaction going on. I'll go with 4"

Hoping some of those streamers up in PA can make it down here 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, MillvilleWx said:

Our place got hit flush with the entire streamer. Place completely caved and all the work to clear the snow for our complex ended in coverage. It was a nice way to end a beautiful winter day.  ^_^

Are you in Frederick proper?