Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Jan 19th Storm OBS Thread

DCAlexandria

30/19 5N Frederick

A crisp winter night awaiting a winter wonderland by the morning. Picking up some friends of ours at the airport in 2.5 hrs. I’ll be up very late tonight. Company is staying so they can catch an evening flight tomorrow to Iceland. Need to prep for the time change. Both meteorologists too. We are going to stay up and when it snows, go for a Sheetz run. 

What an awesome week I planned for this staycation. I hope my work is handling things okay. It’ll be nice to go back fully recharged and ready to roll. Let’s rock ^_^

• Like 13
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, North Balti Zen said:

Good lord - I just had to clear off my snowboard and the other spots I mean measure as a control so I could potentially measure new snow. It has been a LONG time since that was a consideration…

Just did the same about 15 minutes ago!

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, North Balti Zen said:

Good lord - I just had to clear off my snowboard and the other spots I measure as a control so I could potentially measure new snow. It has been a LONG time since that was a consideration…

Just now, wxdude64 said:

Just did the same about 15 minutes ago!

We’re a snow town again! 

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

Just now, MillvilleWx said:

30/19 5N Frederick

A crisp winter night awaiting a winter wonderland by the morning. I’ll be up very late tonight. Company is staying so they can catch an evening flight tomorrow to Iceland. Need to prep for the time change. Both meteorologists. We are going to stay up and when it snows, go for a Sheetz run. 

What an awesome week I planned for this staycation. I hope my work is handling things okay. It’ll be nice to go back fully recharged and ready to roll. Let’s rock ^_^

A houseful of meteorologists, all geeking out on the upcoming snow???  Oh my!  I think that's illegal in like 32 states or something!

Seriously though, glad you enjoyed a good week off, especially with such a wintry and cold week!  Awesome!

• Like 8

1 hour ago, clskinsfan said:

I was working down around Front Royal today. It was cold and crisp. A perfect winter day. The beauty of the Shenandoah Valley never ceases to amaze me. 

FR mountains.jpg

Agree 500%. I detest living in the close-in DMV metro, but if I could remedy the situation at all (or had to stay in VA for the rest of my life)...I would live in the Valley. Our youngest attended and graduated from JMU several years ago...and I relished every opportunity that we got to drive out of the metro area, out west on 66 and down south on 81...and see the kind of views that you posted here. #HeavenOnEarth

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, vastateofmind said:

Agree 500%. I detest living in the DMV, but if I could remedy the situation at all (or had to stay in VA for the rest of my life)...I would live in the Valley. Our youngest attended and graduated from JMU several years ago...and I relished every opportunity that we got to drive out of the metro area, out west on 66 and down south on 81...and see the kind of views that you posted here. #HeavenOnEarth

The Shenandoah is truly God's World!   Just don't tell anyone!!!!!!

• Like 2