Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
XMAS Miracle: Blizzard of 2010 Lead-in Dialogue

40/70 Benchmark

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You noticed that as well. I think we can put to bed any precip. issues for SE MA.

Verbatim we still have some temp issues down here and we all (EMA) have dryslot issues for a few hours. That's just the models though.

Unless they are really showing us BS the 5h will reform faster. Soon as that happens the north movement is done. It stops even 10-15 miles from coming NNW the entire situation changes as the 7h now cuts south further and we probably never stop snowing heavy.

Very position and I'm impressed with NOAA down here for raising the blizzard warnings to the canal, I wouldnt have had the balls to do that when they did.

Verbatim we still have some temp issues down here and we all (EMA) have dryslot issues for a few hours. That's just the models though.

Unless they are really showing us BS the 5h will reform faster. Soon as that happens the north movement is done. It stops even 10-15 miles from coming NNW the entire situation changes as the 7h now cuts south further and we probably never stop snowing heavy.

Very position and I'm impressed with NOAA down here for raising the blizzard warnings to the canal, I wouldnt have had the balls to do that when they did.

It can be 35-36F and it will still be thumping snow. I am not worried at all.

You think if that trend plays out, SNH and ME could get relatively screwed....

I've experienced thundersnow exactly once -- 3/31/97 -- let's hope I get one more stocking stuffer tomorrow...

I seem to remember thundersnow back in December (I think) 2005 - it was that freak blizzard-like storm on friday afternoon and the Cape got absolutely annihalated. I was in my office building at the Pru watching the lightning and snow. It was amazing. Another time, of course, was 1978.

Congrats, NYC and the coastal CT crew!!!!

Thanks!! Hopefully we all have power tomorrow night so we can see what's going on!! The winds look to be just absolutely brutal and I could see 1/16SM visibility and thunder fpr a time when that powderkeg of a CCB gets going. I don't think a lot of you guys up part the Canal have a lot to worry about since the heavy snow rates and dynamics often take care of themselves.

Archived