Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
At least it's something - Jan 16th Snow/Sleet/Ice OBS Thread

The 4 Seasons

1 minute ago, mahk_webstah said:

3” in the nose here and radar says we don’t get to 4, but I’m open to surprises.  

go Jeff!  Radar looks awesome in ME

Better bands are mostly to my south (and west, and east, and north).  Adding to the dense pack, however.  Barring a record (and long) thaw, we should have snow OG thru late March.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

High here was 28.8F....dropped back about a degree to 27.6F now. Everything glazed though hearing a few pingers in the past 15 min, so starting to cool aloft or at least maybe saturate the DGZ again.

Don’t think we got above 23F here. 

• Like 1

We've been going back and forth between light/moderate snow and IP. Looking at radar, I can see a dry slot racing toward us. This feels like one of those events where you wait all day for it to really get cranking and it never quite does. I was hoping that we'd at least cover the grass completely.

• Like 2

Back down to 30 with freezing drizzle in Chelsea. Roads were awful throughout this event until the changeover. I was driving up rt. 1 and 95 at 345 this morning and it was snow packed, no treatment whatsoever so I can only imagine how bad they’ll get again as it gets colder and colder. Seems the plows were kind of caught off guard at least with the initial thump this morning, came in very early or they were just banking on it not sticking too well

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BombsAway1288 said:

Back down to 30 with freezing drizzle in Chelsea. Roads were awful throughout this event until the changeover. I was driving up rt. 1 and 95 at 345 this morning and it was snow packed, no treatment whatsoever so I can only imagine how bad they’ll get again as it gets colder and colder. Seems the plows were kind of caught off guard at least with the initial thump this morning, came in very early or they were just banking on it not sticking too well

The euro , nam , hrrr and RGEM were all too mild for the N side of Boston and the 128 W and N side as well 

3 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

The euro , nam , hrrr and RGEM were all too mild for the N side of Boston and the 128 W and N side as well 

They certainly were. This definitely exceeded my expectations with 3-4”. Was thinking a sloppy 1-2” before the changeover.

Glad the entire sub-forum got accumulating snow. It’s been a long time since that’s happened, 1/29/22 I think?

17 minutes ago, Patrick-02540 said:

2" snow, followed by FZRN, and then a coating of sleet.  About ended here.  Temp dropped 8 degrees in last 90 minutes- 22F.  All surfaces have an compacted, icy, crusty glaze. 

Kev:  Neighbor just slid down his driveway and took out a 6' Holly bush!

:damage:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, alex said:

Starting to look like a winter of yore

IMG_0634.jpeg

6 minutes ago, NorEastermass128 said:

@alex You, sir, are living my best life. :lol:

Yeah that truly looks like a fantasy. 

You sir have an awesome house in an awesome place with an awesome job. I envy you but am happy someone here with a passion gets to live it out :thumbsup:

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, BombsAway1288 said:

Yeah that truly looks like a fantasy. 

You sir have an awesome house in an awesome place with an awesome job. I envy you but am happy someone here with a passion gets to live it out :thumbsup:

Ha thanks. I have no complaints for sure. For the record that’s one of my little rental cabins. Anyone can live out the dream, at least for a few days. Although the people checking in tonight haven’t arrived yet, sloooow going

27 minutes ago, Patrick-02540 said:

2" snow, followed by FZRN, and then a coating of sleet.  About ended here.  Temp dropped 8 degrees in last 90 minutes- 22F.  All surfaces have an compacted, icy, crusty glaze. 

Kev:  Neighbor just slid down his driveway and took out a 6' Holly bush!

Nothing wrong with damage!

• Like 1
  • Confused 1