• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Jan 15-16 Storm Thread 3: Obs and Disco

stormtracker

Submitted spotter report for 0.8” total. 

Nice steady snow falling near the Columbia mall. I’m at work down here today. I’m liking this area, Ellicott city up to Randallstown for this one. Good combo of being far enough N for good temps and far enough south to be where most models max QPF around Baltimore and its immediate WNW suburbs.
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, mappy said:

It is here too but just tiny flakes. How close are you to the PA/MD line? I’m about 5 miles south of it along York Road.

Thanks all! 

Pixie flakes? I’ve got those at least 

No - but I just got impatient and drove over to the trailhead off of 83 and mt Carmel rd with the dogs and found legit light snow so it has to be close to making it the last six miles to my house. I hope. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RevWarReenactor said:

I want to know how it can be below freezing and snow melts on contact like this…Got to love this area! 

5E0B704B-D5BA-4DEE-8C66-394741F1454B.jpeg

Here I am driving around in my EV purchased during the snow drought for the first time.

Make it about a mile and realize the snow is collecting nicely on the hood as I am driving. and not melting since no engine heat.

I am wondering what happens in a REAL snow while driving? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Deck Pic said:

Latest HRRR - snow end by 1-2 am.  That makes more sense, but it isn't very reliable outside of a few hours.

Ends for good? That doesn’t jive so much with some of our other guidance. Especially recent runs that have enhanced and back build in connection with the low moving NE

• Like 1

Just now, DDweatherman said:

Ends for good? That doesn’t jive so much with some of our other guidance. Especially recent runs that have enhanced and back build in connection with the low moving NE

I wouldn't take it too seriously, but I also don't think it will snow until midday tomorrow.  This evening should be fun.  I'm focused on that for now.

• Like 5

Latest HRRR - snow end by 1-2 am.  That makes more sense, but it isn't very reliable outside of a few hours.

It’s honestly hard to tell. Many of the globals seem to blossom more precip over us from the coastal, so it’s hard to gauge when it ends by just looking at the back edge on the radar. Hoping it snows through 12z tomorrow.

Just now, jayyy said:

It’s honestly hard to tell. Many of the globals seem to blossom more precip over us from the coastal, so it’s hard to gauge when it ends by just looking at the back edge on the radar. Hoping it snows through 12z tomorrow.

yeah...It hints at coastal influence toward the morning when it cuts off

12 minutes ago, North Balti Zen said:

No - but I just got impatient and drove over to the trailhead off of 83 and mt Carmel rd with the dogs and found legit light snow so it has to be close to making it the last six miles to my house. I hope. 

Snow size has picked up quite a bit in the last few minutes 

• Like 3