Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
WINDEX threat 1/14

ORH_wxman

3 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

? Lol as I sit watching moderate snow.

I think he means compared to yesterday it’s a let down, the better dynamics moved north where it verified pretty epic. This was a pretty average squall that we get a few times per year. Writing was on the wall starting late last night that it was moving north. 

1 minute ago, Sey-Mour Snow said:

I think he means compared to yesterday it’s a let down, the better dynamics moved north where it verified pretty epic. This was a pretty average squall that we get a few times per year. Writing was on the wall starting late last night that it was moving north. 

Every model had the intense squalls as a North Country and  Mass deal. I have no idea what you guys were expecting but its snowing very nicely here.

43 minutes ago, mahk_webstah said:

I don’t like to criticize and NWS i’m looking at the upstream observations in radar. I think it’s negligent to not have a snow squall, watch or warning or something to let people know if you go take a drive it 3 o’clock this afternoon. You might find yourself in a whiteout.  Those can be dangerous.

It’s like a ts warning. It’s not getting issued until it’s about an hour away. Just got the warning here on the phone. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, weatherwiz said:

These are essentially like summer thunderstorms with more powerful dynamics and less instability. Ultimately, some towns get smoked and other don’t. Some get light stuff and some see nothing at all. 

Synoptic snow along the quasi warm front here. Winds out of the south

• Like 2