• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Jan 15-16 Storm Threat Thread: Do we finally win or get Saltburned?

H2O

15 minutes ago, H2O said:

Thats right, chumps.  I'm starting the storm thread before the euro.  This will bring it to us because starting threads always works.  Weather listens to threads that get started.  

Why would you do this?  You know when a storm or s/w sees a thread, it emotes and changes it's behavior.  It and the Euro are talking now.  You bastard.

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

It simply comes down to this - we can’t have this feature so shallow and that far north.  The GFS moved away from tying the disturbances together but still had this one dig far enough south to help us out late.  The Euro sweeps this through north of us and has the second result of crushing the western vort.

IMG_4720.thumb.jpeg.2d2c7a7ee48fd8e9e3c4c0f32991b6e3.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 6

5 minutes ago, stormtracker said:

Why would you do this?  You know when a storm or s/w sees a thread, it emotes and changes it's behavior.  It and the Euro are talking now.  You bastard.

Because I am The Worst.  But you :wub:me

Meh, good time to start a thread. I mean, it's going to be something. Even if an inch or less of cold smoke before the coldest air of the season so far. Best to get this separated from the medium range thread that will probably have other trackable systems around Jan 19-20 and beyond.

I like it. LFG! :)

• Like 10

19 minutes ago, stormtracker said:

We love to make fun of this silly superstition but at the same time particles behave differently when being watched and we can't explain why so... 

• Like 7
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, WxMan1 said:

Meh, good time to start a thread. I mean, it's going to be something. Even if an inch or less of cold smoke before the coldest air of the season so far. Best to get this separated from the medium range thread that will probably have other trackable systems around Jan 19-20 and beyond.

you mean this?

gfs_T2ma_us_57.png

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, WxMan1 said:

If he’s in, I’m in.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, H2O said:

Thats right, chumps.  I'm starting the storm thread before the euro.  This will bring it to us because starting threads always works.  Weather listens to threads that get started.  

10 minutes ago, IronTy said:

Since we're doing our best to jinx the storm I put the blade on the muck truck and am charging it up. 98debe39f3363f2c66535ab9f220c9ca.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

8 minutes ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

This may actually work. A preemptive thread to cause a model to change course. I like it.

Well, I took down half the outdoor Christmas lights this morning, been leaving them up because wife (CA girl) wanted to see the lights in snow. We DID get almost an inch the other day, and it was pretty. I'm SURE we'll get 10 inches now that they are down lol. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, wxdude64 said:

Well, I took down half the outdoor Christmas lights this morning, been leaving them up because wife (CA girl) wanted to see the lights in snow. We DID get almost an inch the other day, and it was pretty. I'm SURE we'll get 10 inches now that they are down lol. 

Yeah well I also washed the NSX this morning....just to ensure it's all gonna be rain.  And I was too lazy to take the summer tires off it, just to ensure dry cold after the storm. 

• Haha 1