• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Monitoring some form of significant ( to be determined more precisely) impact winter storm, Jan 16/17th. Moderate seems to be the upper limit - for now

Typhoon Tip

24 minutes ago, weathafella said:

Euro today says 1-3/2-4.

This may be a rare scenario ( when speaking in terms of model performance/history <-- relative to...) that the Euro corrects toward the less conventional/trusted model sources.  In fact, ...so rare, I wonder if that's ever really happened where a GGEM/RGEM/ICON blend successfully coup'ed

That said ... after 3 consecutive cycles the GGEM had ticked more impacting... as of 12z, arrived looking more RGEM like than ever.  It gets hard to knock such strident continuity; now < 60 hours, when said trend of the Can cluster has been there since late middle range.  -when then also introducing the philosophical aspect I outlined regarding the explosive baroclinic boundary condition laid into place between ~ ATL to just SE of Cape Cod by this arctic boundary/air mass that slows down and stall along that axis...  I think there is too much argument in favor of these guidance from both an operational technique, to concept Meteorology, to dispose these solutions in lieu of a Euro paltriness that has in fact been 'trying to avoid admitting it's wrong by hedging the event in silent intervals'

I mean I'm not sure of any of this... sort of tongue in cheek. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

This may be a rare scenario ( when speaking in terms of model performance/history <-- relative to...) that the Euro corrects toward the less conventional/trusted model sources.  In fact, ...so rare, I wonder if that's ever really happened where a GGEM/RGEM/ICON blend successfully coup'ed

That said ... after 3 consecutive cycles the GGEM had ticked more impacting... as of 12z, arrived looking more RGEM like than ever.  It's gets hard to knock such strident continuity < 60 hours, when said trend of the Can cluster has been there since late middle range.  -when then also introducing the philosophical aspect I outlined regarding the explosive baroclinic boundary condition laid into place between ~ ATL to just SE of Cape Cod by this arctic boundary/air mass that slows down and stall along that axis...  I think there is too much argument in favor of these guidance from both an operational technique, to concept Meteorology, to dispose these solutions in lieu of a Euro paltriness that has in fact been 'trying to admit it's wrong without looking like it's modeling the event any differently'

Sooo…another words, the Canadian and the RGEM are gonna be more right with the heavier look you think. As the Euro plays catch up. Is that what you’re meaning? 

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Sooo…another words, the Canadian and the RGEM are gonna be more right with the heavier look you think. As the Euro plays catch up. Is that what you’re meaning? 

not saying either way ... just pointing out some aspects I'm noticing -

Extending that it's hard to automatically assume the lesser popular/known guidance types will be typically wrong in this seemingly rare case.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

not saying either way ... just point out some aspects I'm noticing -

Oh ok.  But sounded to me like you were hedging towards the Canadians, when you said hard to ignore the 60 hr consistency idea…but I guess I misunderstood. 

• Like 2
  • Weenie 2

19 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Oh ok.  But sounded to me like you were hedging towards the Canadians, when you said hard to ignore the 60 hr consistency idea…but I guess I misunderstood. 

Seems to me If anyone  reads his post , he definitely is commenting on why those may score a “coup “

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, George001 said:

The Canadian is a great model, it should not be discounted. 

Mentioned also by Walt Drag in the NY Metro thread; he says trust it in these scenarios.  Also some say it is number 2 in verification recently. DonaldSutherland might have said that in fact. I was surprised by these endorsements. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

I don’t think the Canadian is a great model based on what I’ve seen for years. Can it score an event? Sure, but a great model it is not.

I’m still shoveling the snow and rebuilding from all the hurricanes it has showed over SNE over the years 

• Haha 2