• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Monitoring some form of significant ( to be determined more precisely) impact winter storm, Jan 16/17th. Moderate seems to be the upper limit - for now

Typhoon Tip

37 minutes ago, George001 said:

It has a higher verification score than the gfs

People will tend to trust their own anecdotal experience and dismiss a panned statement like this intones, without you citing sources

just fyi  -

3 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I need more than one month of data to trust the GEM over the GFS...I've heard the same crap about the UK, but time and time again its proven erratic.

I just gave you 10 years. The numbers show it passed the GFS in the last 4 years.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, dendrite said:

I don’t have the precip data though and obviously accuracy surrounding cyclones doesn’t necessarily correlate with accuracy around the NHEM in fair conditions. 

Yeah... I was even going to say that the "N. Hemisphere" has predicatively superior regions over others - and that individual models will handle quadratures differently than others.

In other words, the GGEM may be fan-fuckum-tastic from Japan to California and better than the GFS; the opposite could be true over N/A. 

(that's plausible speculation though - I don't know if there is any way in which these averages are smoothed, or not smoothed/normalized)

1 minute ago, dendrite said:

I don’t have the precip data though and obviously accuracy surrounding cyclones doesn’t necessarily correlate with accuracy around the NHEM in fair conditions. 

This is what I am getting at. Same with the UK. I guess if you wanna pin that chart over your bedpost and take it over the GFS, then you do you. 

I'll pass.

But technically, I stand corrected. I did not know that.

1 minute ago, dendrite said:

I just gave you 10 years. The numbers show it passed the GFS in the last 4 years.