• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Monitoring some form of significant ( to be determined more precisely) impact winter storm, Jan 16/17th. Moderate seems to be the upper limit - for now

Typhoon Tip

25 minutes ago, Sandstorm94 said:

Once we get the screamer out of here we can properly track, we hold serve. It is just the 12th of January, we got 7 weeks left

Sent from my SM-S146VL using Tapatalk

It should be a little more but Ray is going with Morch

The GFS did not take long to look totally different than literally every other model with an EC storm lol....through the UKIE with just the Euro to go its basically the only model lacking any of that precip associated with the vort getting north of the MA...that said the GEPS sorta does say the RGEM/CMC are out to lunch on that idea more or less.  I have not seen a ton of instances though in recent years where the RGEM/NAM being sort of similar at 84 has led to a solution not somewhat close to the idea...its usually 80-20 the NAM is different than the RGEM at that range

3 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Meh, I feel like I’ve been pretty realistic here. Last weekend was the first real snow event in 2 years.

If we miss this and the 20th, it’s fair to wonder where this season is going.

You bitch every event. Time to start hoping for a cutter.

• Haha 3

People got all giddy from one good model suite maybe 2 days ago.  Then the rug got pulled and everyone's in a bad mood again.  Keep the snow jones in your back pocket until it has a better chance of reality.  Also, while the 16th probability has gone down, it's not dead yet.  Same for the 20th.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Weenie 1

7 hours ago, Sandstorm94 said:

Once we get the screamer out of here we can properly track, we hold serve. It is just the 12th of January, we got 7 weeks left

Sent from my SM-S146VL using Tapatalk

That is probbaly what your used to. But March has had the highest average snowfall the past 10 years at my spot. Im in SVT too. Even in Brattleboro winter isn't over in FEB normally.

00z suite all trended the wrong direction. So that’s basically putting a fork in anything sizeable. There’s still a realistic chance for an advisory event but we’re gonna need improvement at 12z today. 

Need that trailing vort to come in a bit more consolidated…otherwise the trough stays too rounded despite being in a climatologically good position  

• Sad 1

7 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

00z suite all trended the wrong direction. So that’s basically putting a fork in anything sizeable. There’s still a realistic chance for an advisory event but we’re gonna need improvement at 12z today. 

Need that trailing vort to come in a bit more consolidated…otherwise the trough stays too rounded despite being in a climatologically good position  

Reggie GGEM Nam and GEFS all look fine . 3-6”

2 hours ago, wdrag said:

Keep looking and monitoring:  I,   as does WPC (their products) agree with posters... the snow is coming.  RGEM-CMC consistency should be monitored. Axis is variable. Latest RGEM - 06z/13 version, I sort of like. Looks like 1-4" I95 west and has ice near the I95 corridor. NAM seems too warm=north.

I did check the NAM and a banding signal is evident so that contributes to the powdery potential.  

How this plays?  For now, I think this is a powdery interior hazardous modest impact event on previously frozen ground (4P-Sunday-Tuesday) with decent snow ratios, higher than 10 to 1 for the interior (NOT the WET 7 to 1 ratios).  I can see ice or rain for I95 or east of I95 so for myself in NYC CP, I'll stick with for 1-3" by sunrise Wednesday. Confidence a little below average on what happens NYC (but a little above average interior).  I think staying conservative in NYC is best for now and just monitor the modeling... for me I need the GGEM, RGEM on board for this to happen.

fwiw...if interested see January thread for the Sunday cold frontal passage snow squall event that seems to be looming for our NYC suibforum

• Like 1