• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Monitoring some form of significant ( to be determined more precisely) impact winter storm, Jan 16/17th. Moderate seems to be the upper limit - for now

Typhoon Tip

Just now, CoastalWx said:

Tippy flow compression down south, but a ridge axis on west coast isn't exactly your whiff look.

Yeah the longwave synoptics aren’t favorable for a wide right whiff…it’s all about how much compression there is to keep it from moving further west. The compression is admittedly strong but we’ve seen these come back west pretty strongly before. 

1 minute ago, ORH_wxman said:

Yeah the longwave synoptics aren’t favorable for a wide right whiff…it’s all about how much compression there is to keep it from moving further west. The compression is admittedly strong but we’ve seen these come back west pretty strongly before. 

Then there is the CMC. We hold the course.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Then there is the CMC. We hold the course.

Yep. Don’t see any major red flags at the moment other than compression but the synoptics are working in our favor for once to overcome a negative variable. Hopefully we can bring this one home in the next few cycles. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

I think it’s way too premature to toss this.  GFS actually brings qpf well west and kind of shows a double barreled strung out structure.  Having cmc as the most robust of the 12z suite so far does not give me warm amd fuzzies but even 108+ hours out this system is not at all able to be tossed or accepted.  

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Yep. Don’t see any major red flags at the moment other than compression but the synoptics are working in our favor for once to overcome a negative variable. Hopefully we can bring this one home in the next few cycles. 

My hope is for some snow that the grandkids in SNJ can play in.  The only accumulating snow they've seen since 2021-22 led to needing a short tow in Jay as they headed back south following an 8-day visit here.

44 minutes ago, brooklynwx99 said:

the GFS still isn't really like the ECMWF. the evolution is the same as the 00/06z runs, but it's just less amped. doesn't do what the ECWMF does with the trough

ezgif-1-05cfc90fa8.thumb.gif.b885e2ec46dbaf610bd30eba6681560d.gif

This was usual GFS southern stream heavy event shenanigans I think...the track or just whole organization to me should have been more NW than the Op had

44 minutes ago, SnowGoose69 said:

This was usual GFS southern stream heavy event shenanigans I think...the track or just whole organization to me should have been more NW than the Op had

same philosophy - for now...

I mean, even with 15 or so % of the momentum appeal being less on this run, the model is placing it's low outside the cross hairs of either exit regions of the jet core, which is still impressive enough and torpedoing by to the NW ... 

...preeeetty sure it did that just because it's trolling us lol.   j/k.  seriously though