• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
1/13/24 Sultan Slicer #2 - Heavy rain, snow, wind?

Torch Tiger

We had a blast of 60-70 mph winds down here in southern RI about an hour ago. Westerly Airport was 65, hit 70 at Conimicut Point. Shook the house and uprooted a big tree at our neighbors near by.

Goes to show this may have been tagged as a "Wind Advisory" but it delivered far more than the HWW of the previous two events. Must've just been in the right spot.

10K without power also in RI mostly down here but somehow we've managed to avoid an outtage...thankfully. :)FB_IMG_1705155176932.jpgFB_IMG_1705155165079.jpg

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

• Like 13

Ocean and buoys not nearly as angry as earlier in the week. Wate levels pretty high though. Within half a foot of the "record" for that station, but note there are 3 Preliminary" values in the last 4 weeks above the "record". 22481a182d86c0cd1c07ebdcd7b1acdf.jpg

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

8 minutes ago, dryslot said:

We go back and forth from a mix back to snow when heavier echoes move in, What a meh event, Calm winds after a G25

We’ve had some good gusts, but they have yet to approach the 55mph that’s in my p/c.

Maybe this is the storm that’ll take down this leaner—though I say that in every storm.

IMG_1682.jpeg

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, #NoPoles said:

Winds are absolutely ridiculous- trees and branches down. Power went out around 730am. Still snowing. I also saw patches if blue sky. What a unique/fascinating storm

Lots of 55-60mph gusts up there in downslope land. HIE 58mph and the 2 Jefferson sites 55 and 59. 

• Like 1