Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Jan Medium/Long Range Disco 2: Total Obliteration is Coming

Jebman

3 minutes ago, Maestrobjwa said:

A slightly more than modest Ka-boom :lol:

its not that far away...some flakeage Monday night based on that run.  today is half over.....3 days and a wake up....not bad at all..and its getting better not worse toward game time...lots of good shit happening here

• Like 1

Just now, NorthArlington101 said:

Storm sorta starts Monday at 4pm... #5daysaway

GGEM also has that light snow Monday. Then it’s sort of a mess afterwards, but that Monday dusting may be real. GGEM has been bouncing all over and did the same for the Saturday storm last week, so I’m paying more attention to gfs and euro plus their ensembles.

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

but I don't even know if that is necessarily a good thing, ultimately I think the two things that matter most are that the initial wave doesn't amplify at all to leave space for the next, and that the next one is more amplified.  

I forgot..... how do we do with complicated???

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, SomeguyfromTakomaPark said:

GFS goes bonkers with the cold after the storm.  Single digits for lows and highs in the teens the next day.

Believe it. Fresh snow and cold air means you can even undercut temps a bit. @wxmeddler Maybe all our stations will get a test on the snow depth sensors?

2 minutes ago, SomeguyfromTakomaPark said:

If we get 6-10 inches of cold smoke + single digits....that will cure everything.

If we wake up to 8" of snow blowing around in single digit temps next Wednesday I might just explode

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Weenie 5

1 minute ago, baltosquid said:

20th is intriguing but that cold press is so insane I'm not sure if there's any room for the GoM energy to do what we need

Gfs and GGEM are both very suppressive in this run. Swing a part of the TPV down to our latitude. 

• Like 2

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic