Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 6-7, 2024 Winter Storm Obs Thread

WxWatcher007

10 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

I'm really liking where this looks to be setting up. It's really pounding here. I'm going to take my first measurement at 11:30 but I definitely have to be at an inch by now and maybe close to 1.5''-2''.

Hope you do well.. off to bed.. 2.5" total for part 1.. will turn showery and probably freezing drizzle until round 2 tomorrow morning .. Euro kinda nailed this part .. Although not Litchfield county.. Bust here a bit but cant complain considering out east .. hopefully everyone cashes in tonight or tomorrow ..

• Like 2

Anyone in Western CT be prepared to be wowed.

That band over SE NY just west of the Hudson produced 9 inches in two hours in several locations in NWNJ and Orange County NY.

I'm 30 miles due west of Danbury and missed out on the meat of it, but still got 7.2 inches in four hours. Still coming down heavy, double digits well within reach. Places already over a foot that were in the direct path.

• Like 4

Just now, Warwick WX said:

Pounding across the pond in Warwick.  Bummer it is mixing over there.

Snow 16 - Imgur.jpg

Actually right after I posted the intensity picked up and it switched over to mostly snow.  Have a coating but back to a little mix again.  Figuring this is how it will be here most of the night and tomorrow until temps drop.

Up to 6"

Snow growth is still off-the-charts good. It's snowing the most fantastic dendrites right now.

It's stacking so efficiently, it seems like that jackpot area west of Hartford played out well.

It's not elevation based, but just far enough away from the dry slot to do well.

All of this snow growth stuff is an added bonus.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Snow growth finally improving a little bit.  Been steady light to now moderate snow since 9:30pm but only about .50" to show for it.  Hopefully some of those better bands lift in here the next few hours. 

Crap snow growth here too and about the same accumulation. 

Actually right after I posted the intensity picked up and it switched over to mostly snow.  Have a coating but back to a little mix again.  Figuring this is how it will be here most of the night and tomorrow until temps drop.
Alas I went the other way right after my post, huge snowflakes turned to rain. But now right back to sleet trying to flip to snow again.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk