Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 6-7, 2024 Winter Storm Obs Thread

WxWatcher007

3 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Kind of looks meh on radar. Hopefully it fills in because it looks more banded on radar. 

I’m thinking tomorrow’s CBB or bust.  Not too optimistic about the WAA but we’ll see.

27 minutes ago, TheSnowman said:

So, yet Again, Mother nature has found a way to have EVERYONE North of me, West of me, AND NE of me AND East of me get snow BEFORE I get snow.  

That’sOne Hell of a truck.   No, Nothing will beat the 2013 Fujiwawa (which still No one has fully explained) but still.  

Lol 3 hrs ago, plow just went by here.  We explained in detail. Look up standing wave on google

5 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

:lol:

This is why I cringe when a newbie joins the board and asks for weather guidance "My grandmother needs a stent put in in the next hour or she'll die, do you think the roads will be clear?"

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

31 minutes ago, TheSnowman said:

So, yet Again, Mother nature has found a way to have EVERYONE North of me, West of me, AND NE of me AND East of me get snow BEFORE I get snow.  

That’sOne Hell of a truck.   No, Nothing will beat the 2013 Fujiwawa (which still No one has fully explained) but still.  

image.jpeg

• Haha 4

11 minutes ago, Sey-Mour Snow said:

1.2" in 4 hours.. Rates lacking had only .8" from the nice hour of banding and only 29.1 degrees , def behind where I thought and like @CoastalWx said radar looks like crap.. Hoping to get to 3" tonight and pick up a few tomorrow if NAM has a clue..

It may try to blossom more under LI sound with H7 fronto,  but would like to see a more congealed look.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, kdxken said:

This is why I cringe when a newbie joins the board and asks for weather guidance "My grandmother needs a stent put in in the next hour or she'll die, do you think the roads will be clear?"

aaand I just spit my beer all over the laptop.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Still nervous about the shoreline. Want to see that snow really fill in as Scooter said. I like seeing the mix line holding steady for now. 

Worried about more than the shore lol 1.3" .. HRRR says gametime is 10pm to 1am now .. so lets see what we get.. Also tomorrow looking better for a 2-4" refresher

• Like 2

Radar looks like beast mode . 4-6 “ in NJ and SNY already . Overperformer 

The snow is hanging tough..several times tonight went over to sleet and battled back to heavy snow. A little elevation is probably helping. This is the heaviest cement you can imagine. Probably up around 5 fell and already compacting.