• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
1/9-1/10 Now Morphing to Less-Than-Exciting Power Cutter

Torch Tiger

I woke a little after one and it was mostly rain at that point though sleet would mix in.  We had six inches new on the ground though it likely had compacted a little based on the composition having some added water already.  It is going to be a beast to get the driveway clean.  Looks like the power outages are mostly on the west side of the slopes. (about 25000 at the moment)- we had good steady wind that looks to have kept the snow off the trees.

https://greenmountainpower.com/outages/

https://outages.vermontelectric.coop/

The snow definitely blew and drifted around a bit here last night, I'd say 7.5 inches and is now pinging sleet with freezing rain mixed in. Now to minimize the rain damage coming to the pack.

This is real man snow for sure, about the ideal storm to form a base, if we repeat this Saturday we're in business!

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Steve you had to have more than 2.12 total?. Looks like 1-2” More before midnight?

Just now, Modfan2 said:

Wow, your not far from most of those, big difference.

Yep I posted since around 1am forgot I emptied the Guage. So 3.82 total. Wash outs on my hill.Rocks all over. Snake Meadow Brook Overflowing onto North Sterling Rd.

• Like 2

16” snowpack taking a beating this morning with +RN after about 6” new last night and 10” from weekend storm. Should absorb but when it freezes again will be bullet proof. Short lived cold powder snow conditions.  Looks like very similar set up for Saturday.  Wind here not an issue. Different story in westerly downslope regions from spine of the Greens. 

About 5000 outages was the high in CT.  Down to 3800.  After 11:45, my winds went to under 5mph, just before the "line" passed by.  Every model and forecast had highest winds between 1 and 4am.  My peak gust was 34 around 10pm.  Not a wind person, I'll take it.  But lots of unhappy linemen looking to rake in some double time, i imagine.  
Rivers are raging, though.  2.90" plus the pack.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1