• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Monitoring first regional significant winter impact event. Magnitude likely tempered. At this time NE PA/SE NY and SNE primarily. Jan 7/8.

Typhoon Tip

7 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

NAM would be a whiteout in Foxborough for a good chunk of that game. Lol

I've asked this half joking but will again ...  has there ever been an NFL game delayed because of lightning in heavy snow?

• Like 3

Just now, Typhoon Tip said:

I've asked this half joking but will again ...  has there ever been an NFL game delayed because of lightning in heavy snow?

not that I recall that would be an awesome thing to see though... this looks like it's going to harken back to the tuck rule game

Coordinates for Dorchester just south of Logan, using 18z NAM, at 18z Sun catching CCB...

(and earlier it looks like surface wetbulbs from 36-37 to 32-33 by 3z Sun... ie., cold run for Boston metro that though wet should accumulate):

image.png.9fba96da4e01bc7704be0f2e18263902.png

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, tavwtby said:

not that I recall that would be an awesome thing to see though... this looks like it's going to harken back to the tuck rule game

I remember the Bills and Colts in 2017.  17 inches fell.  8 inches fell on the field during play.  Snowiest game I can recall.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, wxsniss said:

Coordinates for Dorchester just south of Logan, using 18z NAM, at 18z Sun catching CCB...

(and earlier it looks like surface wetbulbs from 36-37 to 32-33 by 3z Sun... ie., cold run for Boston metro that though wet should accumulate):

image.png.9fba96da4e01bc7704be0f2e18263902.png

That’s also an extremely unstable layer above 700mb…def TSSN potential

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, codfishsnowman said:

I'm gonna go 4 to 7 for the Springfield area with the 7 inch amounts towards the western and eastern fringes of the city. I hope I am wrong but have been schooled too many times. Going for 5 inches at my house in south Forest Park.

I would be shocked if Springfield got less than 6” of snow.  I’m expecting about 8” here in the upper valley. 

2 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

Thundersnow potential overnight drives me nuts. I've had a few occasions when I was a youngin' where I thought I heard thundersnow overnight and fell out of bed...only for it to be the plows. DAMN YOU PLOWS 

Is the plan to stay up all night? I’m nyquilling at 7 pm tomorrow

3 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Your back is broken. You need snow. If you get 2-4 everybody else is screwed. 

No.  My spot specifically just doesn't get snow.  I moved there 2 years ago, and everyone around me gets more snow.  I suppose due to the lake, or the 100foot pine trees that surround me. Either way it's not a place for snow.